Port Time

brywood

It depends. I would say you will be off the ship sometime between 7:30 AM and 8:00 AM.

If you are docked normal time to be back on board is 30 minutes before departure which would be 4:30 PM.

I never like to cut it that close and if you are taking local transportation have a big pad should the vehicle break down you you get into a major traffic jam.

Keith

Itinerary states 7a - 5p in Cozumel Port. Does this mean we should be able to depart the ship right at 7am if we so choose? Also, safe bet to be back on board well before 5pm.....4p to be safe?

It usually takes about 30 minutes to be cleared at a Caribbean port. I'd also plan to be back about an hour before all abourd time, which might be 30 minutes before scheduled departure.

Your daily program, which you get the evening before, will have the All Aboard time listed on it.

We like to get back to the port at least an hour before the ship sails.

If we are going ashore on our own, we like to let the crowds who are going on ship excursions get off ahead of us. It can be a mob scene at the gangway once the ship is cleared by the local authorities.

Itinerary states 7a - 5p in Cozumel Port. Does this mean we should be able to depart the ship right at 7am if we so choose? Also, safe bet to be back on board well before 5pm.....4p to be safe?

You Tube "Cozumel Pier Runners". This is why you should always return to the port early. Cozumel is notorious for pier runners. 🍸🍺🍻🍾. Must be the booze

Just a tip:

Get a cheap battery watch before you leave. Set it to SHIP TIME (sometimes it will be different from local port time). That way you don't have to convert time and you will be be on board at the proper time. I can usually find a watch for under $10 and it becomes my vacation watch. I'm not upset should it get lost or damaged on vacation.

On my last cruise they were announcing that you could disembark very close to the scheduled arrival time. I wouldn't plan on meeting a tour sooner than 45-60 min just in case of a hiccup but you can likely get off close to the listed time. We had one port with a hiccup and it took 45 minutes before they started letting anyone off so quite a line built up.

Yes, all aboard is 30 minutes till be we are pretty much always onboard at least 60 minutes early and preferably within walking distance of the port 90 minutes early. Like to give ourselves plenty of time in case of traffic or car break down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums