Saguenay Change

jdaa

We were just notified that our departure time for Saguenay has been changed from 5:00 to 11:00PM. Is there anything to do in Saguenay in the evening? My impression is that it is a small community and the nearby National Park is the principal attraction. We were supposed to have a scenic cruising on the Saguenay Fjord as we departed Saguenay. We will now miss the legendary scenery of the fjord, as it will be now be pitch dark when we depart. Not sure why Seabourn thought this a good choice?

• 2 weeks later...

Having been in port in Saguenay until 11:00PM, I can verify there is absolutely nothing to do at night, and no transportation. HOHO busses stop running at 4:00PM, and rental cars must be turned in by 7:00PM. No taxis in sight in the evening. Other than a couple of restaurants, all of the tiny town (within walking distance) seems to close down by 6:00PM. We generally love late nights in port and try to make the most of them, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to be in port here after dark. Can't imagine why Seabourn made the choice to stay in port so late.