WDW opening parking lot to emergency vehicles that are heading to Florida.

Tonka's Skipper

That's a good start. Royal Caribbean sent 2 ships to the Caribbean island to provide assistance! https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17732-royal-caribbean-to-deploy-two-ships-for-humanitarian-efforts.html

Yep!. It seems there are a lot of tourists still on the islands...The airports are shut down for a good while, so some folks are going to get short cruises. The Port of San Juan opened today, St Thomas tomorrow. I have not heard about other island ports yet........St. Marrten is apparently really bad. If San Juan airport is open I would think that is the nearest the AVI and the other islands, means they will be able to catch any flights set up fast...

So many 1 st responders are already heading to Florida, they suddenly discovered they had no place to stage them, so Disney opened their lots to stage them and provide other services.

AKK

It's great that they are providing space. Yes, our local power company supposedly sent 200 workers with trucks and equipment to get help get electrical services back up after the storm; there will likely be thousands of such people needing a place to "be."

I didn't mean to make the contribution of WDW seem insignificant...it's going to take a lot of people and companies cooperating to get the damages from the storms repaired.

NO NO Moki, I did not think that...........I am just happy to see so many companies, what ever type , is stepping up to the plate to help.

The cruise ships I believe were docked in Miami on Thursday/Friday to load all the equipment supplies etc they could before heading to the islands.

Yes, St. Maarten is a mess--according to CBS news, 70% of all homes on the island have been destroyed, the airport is in ruins. The Dutch army has sent troops to control looting, which is rampant. The US State Department is evacuating all US citizens who didn't follow the suggestion that they evacuate before the storm. Sounds like it will be a while before they are functional again.

Yep!. It seems there are a lot of tourists still on the islands...The airports are shut down for a good while' date=' so some folks are going to get short cruises. The Port of San Juan opened today, St Thomas tomorrow. I have not heard about other island ports yet........St. Marrten is apparently really bad. If San Juan airport is open I would think that is the nearest the AVI and the other islands, means they will be able to catch any flights set up fast...

So many 1 st responders are already heading to Florida, they suddenly discovered they had no place to stage them, so Disney opened their lots to stage them and provide other services.

AKK[/quote']

I wish Disney had opened their resorts to allow pets. There were many of us fleeing South Florida with pets. Several hotels opened their doors and waived pet policies to allow us to stay. We were going to stay at WDW but they said, no pets. So we booked at Hyatt Regency for 6 nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was pleased to see all the arrangements DVC was making. We were there several years ago during a hurricane and there was NO allowance at all--we borrowed points from the next year to allow us to stay as I'd already banked the remainder of that year's points. This time--cancel with no penalties, reduced points if already there and needed to extend stay, ability to "unbank" points to use if you were already there. All very reasonable.

I wish Disney had opened their resorts to allow pets. There were many of us fleeing South Florida with pets. Several hotels opened their doors and waived pet policies to allow us to stay. We were going to stay at WDW but they said, no pets. So we booked at Hyatt Regency for 6 nights.

they did..

the WDW resorts are currently full of pets who arrived at WDW with their evacuee owners...

they did..

the WDW resorts are currently full of pets who arrived at WDW with their evacuee owners...

Darn...when we called, we were told no pets. Our son would have had more fun staying at Disney...lol

The Hyatt Regency has over 800 dogs in residence!

That's a good start. Royal Caribbean sent 2 ships to the Caribbean island to provide assistance! https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17732-royal-caribbean-to-deploy-two-ships-for-humanitarian-efforts.html

Hi there' date='

Cruise Critic is keeping up to date with the latest ship schedules and port statuses as well as a story on the evacuations. Check it out here: Cruise Lines Assist with Hurricane Irma Evacuations.

Thanks for being a member. Cheers!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic