First time cruising for 6

Blackangel84

hello

Me and my 2 brothers and 3 cousins decided to book cruise for next summer aug mostly. But all of us are first timer . Since I'm the eldest and most experiences of traveling out of them they left everything to me . Only thing they all agreed on is that they want to leave from london. Some are thrill seekers others just enjoy water slides and pools . As for me i really want to go to iceland. Our age range from 20 to 33 yrs. so which itinerary or cruise line , ship do you recommend?

Our budget is around 1000 to 3000 $ per person

Thanks and I appreciate all help

I think the best advice I could give you would be to contact a travel agent, preferably one who specializes in cruises, and discuss your preferences with them and let them do the research and make recommendations for you. That is their expertise and they can best fit your expectations with the cruise lines and itineraries most likely to match that.

Once you decide, they can book your reservation and manage the details for you on behalf of the cruise line you choose. They are paid a commission by the cruise lines for this so it will not cost you anything to work through them and their prices will be the same as that you would receive if you book directly with the cruise line and many will add additional perks or on board benefits to you for booking through them.

I would work on your adding skills...2 +3 = 5...not 6.....

I would get 2 cabins...and on a ship with all the "bells and whistles"....because you are all quite young and impressionable. You'll love any of the newer ships.

Me + 2 brothers + 3 cousins= 6. Who needs reading comprehension lessons?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

hello

Me and my 2 brothers and 3 cousins decided to book cruise for next summer aug mostly. But all of us are first timer . Since I'm the eldest and most experiences of traveling out of them they left everything to me . Only thing they all agreed on is that they want to leave from london. Some are thrill seekers others just enjoy water slides and pools . As for me i really want to go to iceland. Our age range from 20 to 33 yrs. so which itinerary or cruise line , ship do you recommend?

Our budget is around 1000 to 3000 $ per person

Thanks and I appreciate all help

Since you want to leave from London area you might want to ask for help on the UK forum.

Check out some of the LARGE online cruise agencies that have huge search engines for cruise lines... put in your month AUGUST and port... Reykjavik and then you will see who is going when you want... and some prices so you can start looking then at what the ships are offering on board and what you might want to do at the ports,. Check out the Cruise Critic roll calls for the cruises you are considering. As you will be on a tight budget, see what ports you can do on your own or do a private tour through your roll call. Check out RicK Steves Northern Cruise ports book and I think he's working on an Iceland book that will give your group some ideas of what to do... without knowing what your groups interests are... most Northern European ports offers more "cultural" experiences but with a little internet research you can find some more active and fun things to do... DH seriously looked at doing the roof tour (in Stockholm) and I know there other ACTIVE options if you look beyond the cruise ship offerings... but remember you have to get back to the ship in time!!! Have fun...

Make sure you check out all your options to find the best price for the cruise you want...we can't make suggestions on Cruise Critic, BUT there are as many different prices for,the same cruise as hotel rooms on the Internet!!!

Turangi!

:confused:

I would work on your adding skills...2 +3 = 5...not 6.....

I would get 2 cabins...and on a ship with all the "bells and whistles"....because you are all quite young and impressionable. You'll love any of the newer ships.

Well i have to 2 brothers that are going , 3 cousins and me included so l do believe that we are 6

Me + 2 brothers + 3 cousins= 6. Who needs reading comprehension lessons?

Well surprise, CB, you are the one who is wrong (as usual) and needs help with their adding skills - and likely reading as well - as I'm fairly certain that the OP - referenced as "me" - counts as 1, plus his 2 brothers and 3 cousins would in fact = 6, as he states.

But your post count still grows......

Although we all know that CB won't return or reply, just wanted to thank you for my "laugh of the day"

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Since your group has left everything up to you -- definitely see a travel agency in your area. We are not allowed to recommend anyone/agency here on CC.

I do suggest that you get 3 cabins -- 2 per cabin.

Check out and ask questions on the UK board at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=682

I don't think you will find any cruises leaving from London that suit your criteria, as they would be small, usually luxury ships. However, Southampton is a much better option. Most itineraries that list 'London' as departure port are really leaving from Southampton. So I would start by going to http://www.cruisetimetables.com. Choose Southampton as your departure port, and then choose your time frame. It will tell you who is sailing then, and their itineraries. Once you have seen what ships are sailing, go to the websites of that cruise line and see what amenities that ship has to offer. I think your only options for water slides will be on Royal Caribbean ships, and maybe P&O-UK. Another option is to go to the Ports of Call list, and choose Reykjavik and see who is calling there, and their itineraries. I think you will have to do some negotiating among your family to get Iceland into the mix... EM