Things that aren't right.

GUT2407

Flowing from another thread there are a few things that seem unfair.

Now I try not to grumble, but a few things that bug me..

1. Selling a cruise and then cancelling because they get a charter offer

2. Accessible cabins (probably because I'm having to look at them at the moment) two things in particular..

A. How few there are in many ships

B. The price, eg you may be able to get a guarantee cabin for a lot less than you need to pay as the only accessible cabin is in a higher category.

3. Changes to itineraries, I get the need in an emergency, but not at other times.

What are yours before I add any more??

1. Booking all the shore excursions up on line, pre cruise, with no pre payment. Thus blocking other pax out. Then cancelling them once on board.:evilsmile:

2. Not complying with dress codes on the ships - hanging offence.

1. Booking all the shore excursions up on line, pre cruise, with no pre payment. Thus blocking other pax out. Then cancelling them once on board.:evilsmile:

I guess that's why some lines are heading towards pay when you book.

People who think that the slightest adjustment to any part of their cruise demands a refund or credit of some sort

There not being a non-pork, non-beef option for breakfast. Yes I love turkey bacon and turkey sausage!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The "Sale" that is not really a sale as prices have basically remained the same - just the parameters have changed. If you had not been checking you would not realize this and think you were getting a bargain.

I'll agree with that one, e.g. Princess 'Landmark Sale on this week'. Prices same as they were a month or two ago in my case - Sapphire Princess next year.:evilsmile:

P&O Australia advertising "new ships" when they are not new, but old ships, transferred from another cruise line, which have passed their use by date, because of lack of maintenance.

they may not be new to you or everyone else on this board, but they are new to the of P&O Australia...As they have never sailed under the Banner of P&O

but having said that it is only a second hand vessal

Flowing from another thread there are a few things that seem unfair.

Now I try not to grumble, but a few things that bug me..

1. Selling a cruise and then cancelling because they get a charter offer

Tell me about it. We booked a B2B2B on Mariner of the Seas. Only to have RCL decide to change the place where they would do dry-dock. So they have dumped us all in Barcelona to find our own way home. OK so they have offered a reasonable compensation but we have been told we may not see that for approx. 8 weeks. Meantime we had to find flights/cruise from Barcelona to USA. So accommodation in Barcelona, another cruise booked with different cruise company, flights from NY to Miami (where Mariner was going), change our already booked Qantas flights from Miami to Brisbane, change our hotel booking in Miami (they keep saying they have changed it but it has not happened yet!). Plus the time and phone calls and stress that we have gone through making all these changes. Not happy, Jan.

[/color]

Tell me about it. We booked a B2B2B on Mariner of the Seas. Only to have RCL decide to change the place where they would do dry-dock. So they have dumped us all in Barcelona to find our own way home. OK so they have offered a reasonable compensation but we have been told we may not see that for approx. 8 weeks. Meantime we had to find flights/cruise from Barcelona to USA. So accommodation in Barcelona, another cruise booked with different cruise company, flights from NY to Miami (where Mariner was going), change our already booked Qantas flights from Miami to Brisbane, change our hotel booking in Miami (they keep saying they have changed it but it has not happened yet!). Plus the time and phone calls and stress that we have gone through making all these changes. Not happy, Jan.

That is the worst thing by far!

I am so sorry that you have been caused so much inconvenience. In cases such as yours, I think the Cruise Line should bring in a team to handle all the booking changes necessary. Did you get much notice?

That is the worst thing by far!

I am so sorry that you have been caused so much inconvenience. In cases such as yours, I think the Cruise Line should bring in a team to handle all the booking changes necessary. Did you get much notice?

Yes it's not till April next year. We had a good TA, thank goodness. She was particularly annoyed when I rung her and told her I had learned about the cancellation on Cruise Critic about a week before.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yes it's not till April next year. We had a good TA, thank goodness. She was particularly annoyed when I rung her and told her I had learned about the cancellation on Cruise Critic about a week before.

Good that it is not until April next year. When we booked a great last minute special TA on MSC from Keil, Germany, in 2010, we learnt that it had originally been scheduled to cruise on a TA from Genoa, Italy. Many Aussies, who had booked the TA from Genoa, had to change their travel plans from Australia.

Good that it is not until April next year. When we booked a great last minute special TA on MSC from Keil, Germany, in 2010, we learnt that it had originally been scheduled to cruise on a TA from Genoa, Italy. Many Aussies, who had booked the TA from Genoa, had to change their travel plans from Australia.
I know it happens all the time but it's a first for us

they may not be new to you or everyone else on this board, but they are new to the of P&O Australia...As they have never sailed under the Banner of P&O

but having said that it is only a second hand vessal

Some of them are old P&O ships, Pacific Explorer aka Dawn Princess for example along with all the Sun class ships that Princess is using were originally Flotta Lauro ships acquired by P&O when they bought FL, and they sailed under P&O for some time.

I know it happens all the time but it's a first for us

Despite whether it has happened before, it is still an unpleasant experience for you.

After my experience with such a dramatic change of route for the TA, I no longer book ahead, because, like most Aussies, I book long haul flights and land travel around the cruise.

I hate the websites, TA or company, where you cannot just get a price.

TAs are understandable, to a point. Obviously they want your business and to capture your interests to " better serve your needs".

I have been looking at Oceania, and have to request a quote. Why?

[/color]

I have a few friends on that cruise and all but one of them are very disappointed. The one that isn't is very happy to stay in Barcelona and have the other two cruises heavily discounted.