Different food items on the menus on SYD / New Zealand cruise?

Just wondering if there are unique food items on this sailing that normally would not be offered on US or European cruises. Also does RCCL still serve lobster in the MDR on formal nights on South Pacific cruises?

There used to be lots of unique items sailing in Aus, doesn't seem that way anymore.

There is likely to be some Aussie fare but made in an international style, things like Pavlova and such come to mind, where the offering is a meringue ring covered in cream.

Lobster is available most nights but it is for an extra charge, there is one night (formal where you can get it without charge).

There is likely to be some Aussie fare but made in an international style, things like Pavlova and such come to mind, where the offering is a meringue ring covered in cream.

Anyone who tried this version of our famous pavlova would wonder what all the fuss was about. I was surprised to see home made pavlova bases submitted for judging at the Royal Adelaide Show recently. They looked light and delicious and made my mouth water.

Anyone who tried this version of our famous pavlova would wonder what all the fuss was about. I was surprised to see home made pavlova bases submitted for judging at the Royal Adelaide Show recently. They looked light and delicious and made my mouth water.

My favourite dessert is Pavlova with muchas fresh fruit and cream, plus ice cream.

Next one is Crème Brulee.:rolleyes:

But to answer the OP....at the end of the day, these days Princess menus are standard across the fleet, save for the odd meat pie. And all about providing the tucker at the lowest possible cost to keep the company bean counters in Santa Clarita - California, happy.

Yes, I always pass on the ship's version.

Galah.

There is a great recipe for cooking Galah.

Galah stew

Ingredients:-

1 Galah, about 2 - 3lbs

2 sticks celery, cut into 2" lengths

2 carrots, peeled, halved and quartered

2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 4 pieces each

1t. salt

1/2t. pepper

2t. sugar

own choice of herbs [in a piece of cheesecloth]

1 cup oil

3 cups chicken stock [or cubes] or white wine

prepared turkey stuffing

1 axe-head

Method:-

Fill the cavity of galah with the turkey stuffing. Put oil in dutch oven and brown galah on all sides. Pour off the oil, and remove galah. Place prepared vegetables on base of dutch oven, and replace galah on top. Pour in chicken stock [or wine if used] herbs, salt, pepper and sugar. Put the axe-head in beside the galah, cover and cook on high until it comes to a rolling boil. Turn down heat and simmer. To test for doneness, poke a skewer into the axe-head, if it is tender, the galah is cooked.

Galah stew

1 Galah, about 2 - 3lbs

1t. salt

1/2t. pepper

2t. sugar

1 cup oil

prepared turkey stuffing

1 axe-head

Fill the cavity of galah with the turkey stuffing. Put oil in dutch oven and brown galah on all sides. Pour off the oil, and remove galah. Place prepared vegetables on base of dutch oven, and replace galah on top. Pour in chicken stock [or wine if used] herbs, salt, pepper and sugar. Put the axe-head in beside the galah, cover and cook on high until it comes to a rolling boil. Turn down heat and simmer. To test for doneness, poke a skewer into the axe-head, if it is tender, the galah is cooked.

Good bush tucker Boss.:eek:

Just stir in 200 ml of clotted cream, just before serving, with a sprig of parsley thereon.

Galah stew

1 Galah, about 2 - 3lbs

1t. salt

1/2t. pepper

2t. sugar

1 cup oil

prepared turkey stuffing

1 axe-head

My recipe replaces the ax head with a Galah sized rock.

Once the rock is soft, discard the galah and eat the rock.

My recipe replaces the ax head with a Galah sized rock.

Once the rock is soft, discard the galah and eat the rock.

Ah yes the tried and true recipe requires a good quality rock, preferably granite. Once tender the granite tastes very good [emoji6]

We were on Solstices on her inaugural cruise to Australia from the mediterranean . After Darwin they had barramundi , i'm not fond of fish then after around Brisbane they had kangaroo steaks , road kill ;p

BUT the waiter's and matre'd were proud as punch and left deflated in hindsight we should of chosen both :o

Trouble {peter)