Inn at Waterpark vs. Towne Place Suites by Marriott

momt22

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? I would love to hear your experience if you have. I have both hotels reserved for our pre-cruise stay on 1/20/18. There are 4 couples and thought it might be fun to share 2 bedroom suites which they have at Towne Place however it is a bit more expensive than Inn @ Waterpark. Is there someone who can tell me which might be closer to the pier, restaurants, stores and the beach? I know Inn @ Waterpark has a shuttle but not sure Towne Place does and if this is free or is there a cost involved? I find it overwhelming trying to decide where to stay when I have never been to Galveston. Plus I still have to find transportation from Hobby to the hotel and then back to the airport after the cruise. So much pressure to make things just right for 8 of us when 6 of us have never cruised before. AACCKK!!!!!:eek:

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? I would love to hear your experience if you have. I have both hotels reserved for our pre-cruise stay on 1/20/18. There are 4 couples and thought it might be fun to share 2 bedroom suites which they have at Towne Place however it is a bit more expensive than Inn @ Waterpark. Is there someone who can tell me which might be closer to the pier, restaurants, stores and the beach? I know Inn @ Waterpark has a shuttle but not sure Towne Place does and if this is free or is there a cost involved? I find it overwhelming trying to decide where to stay when I have never been to Galveston. Plus I still have to find transportation from Hobby to the hotel and then back to the airport after the cruise. So much pressure to make things just right for 8 of us when 6 of us have never cruised before. AACCKK!!!!!:eek:

Galveston Express can handle your airport transfers as well as your hotel to cruise ship transfers, no matter which hotel you settle on. These two hotels are about the same distance from the port so don't let that be the deciding factor.