Parking in Galveston

Bruner1

We are leaving Saturday for a 7 day cruise on Freedom. The only thing we've not prepaid so far is our parking. I have been comparing the different parking options in Galveston and so far the price for the "official" parking through the Port of Galveston is the same as or cheaper than all the other options. Some of the others offer cheaper parking IF you have a valid promo code. However, I've not found a code that actually works.

Does anyone have a preferred parking provider that they use, and if so why? Does anyone have a valid promo code that we can try?

TIA!!

We always use Park N Cruise across the street from the cruise terminal. We prefer indoor parking. Sometimes we'll park and roll our bags over ourselves and sometimes DH will drop me and the bags, park and walk back himself. I don't know of any discount codes, sorry. We always pre-book online, too, to make sure we have a spot.

We are leaving Saturday for a 7 day cruise on Freedom. The only thing we've not prepaid so far is our parking. I have been comparing the different parking options in Galveston and so far the price for the "official" parking through the Port of Galveston is the same as or cheaper than all the other options. Some of the others offer cheaper parking IF you have a valid promo code. However, I've not found a code that actually works.

Does anyone have a preferred parking provider that they use, and if so why? Does anyone have a valid promo code that we can try?

TIA!!

The Port of Galveston lot at 33rd and Harborside Drive offers a discount if you pre-book online and pay with a CC.

They shuttle you to/from the ship and have both covered and uncovered parking.

We have used them before and had good results each time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always use Park N Cruise across the street from the cruise terminal. We prefer indoor parking. Sometimes we'll park and roll our bags over ourselves and sometimes DH will drop me and the bags, park and walk back himself. I don't know of any discount codes, sorry. We always pre-book online, too, to make sure we have a spot.

We have used Lighthouse Parking. They have covered parking, not indoor, and have a shuttle to and from the terminal. They have been a great place to park. Was thinking of using the Indoor parking on our cruise in November, but someone said the indoor parking is very hard to get a larger vehicle in and out of. Is Park N Cruise easy to get a large SUV in and out of the parking spots? Thanks.

We use ez cruise park and walk or shuttle, we have used both.

EZ Cruise Parking is offering two types of parking discounts.

1. Park and Walk two blocks to the terminal.

OR

2. Park and Shuttle to the

$15 OFF 7 Day

Promo Code - (Laborday15)

Online Only

This coupon is only valid for ezcruiseparking.com online reservations. This coupon is good for $15 off the current 7 day online rates. Must use the promotional code online to receive discount. There will be no discount on pre-existing reservations. This coupon is good for any future sail date.

This coupon is not valid with any other coupons, offers,daily specials and instant savings.

Offer Expires 09/30/2017

There will be no discount on pre-existing reservations

SHUTTLE SERVICE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$10 OFF 4 & 5

Promo Code (Laborday10)

Online Only

This coupon is only valid for ezcruiseparking.com online reservations. This coupon is good for $10 off the current online rates. Must use the promotional code online to receive discount. There will be no discount on pre-existing reservations. This coupon is good for any future sail date.

This coupon is not valid with any other coupons, offers,daily specials and instant savings. Offer Expires

09/30/2017

SHUTTLE SERVICE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$15 OFF 4 and 5 Day

Promo Code (15parkwalk)

Online Only

This coupon is only valid for ezcruiseparking.com online reservations. This coupon is good for $15 off the current 4 and 5 day online rates. No shuttle service included in this price. Must use the promotional code online to receive discount. There will be no discount on pre-existing reservations. This coupon is good for any future sail date. This coupon is not valid with any other coupons, offers,daily specials and instant savings.

Offer Expires 09/30/2017

WALK ONLY

$20 OFF 7 DAY

Promo Code (20parkwalk)

Online Only

This coupon is only valid for ezcruiseparking.com online reservations. This coupon is good for $20 off the current 7 day online rates.Not valid on 4 and 5 day rates.No shuttle service included in this price. Must use the promotional code online to receive discount. There will be no discount on pre-existing reservations. This coupon is good for any future sail date. This coupon is not valid with any other coupons, offers,daily specials and instant savings.

Offer Expires 09/30/2017

*If this promo code is use on any other than 7 day cruise rate you will be charged to difference upon arrival to the parking lot.

WALK ONLY

EZ Cruise Parking

2727 Santa Fe Place | Galveston,

We use Galveston Park n cruise. Its directly across the street from the Cruise terminal. If you reserve online, I think you get a small discount. Get a inside parking space, you park your car inside a building, that is secured until your ship returns. I have had excellent service from them and highly recommend them.

We have used Lighthouse Parking. They have covered parking, not indoor, and have a shuttle to and from the terminal. They have been a great place to park. Was thinking of using the Indoor parking on our cruise in November, but someone said the indoor parking is very hard to get a larger vehicle in and out of. Is Park N Cruise easy to get a large SUV in and out of the parking spots? Thanks.

I would think a large SUV like a Suburban would be difficult. It is pretty tight in there but not horrible. We've parked there a couple of times now but with just a standard sedan. This January we are going to come in a new Toyota Tundra. I specifically emailed and asked what they thought about parking inside. Said it would be fine in the Tundra.

any opinions on port of covered / garage parking offered by port of galveston ?

Whats the difference ?

Go to portofgalveston.com, then click on the cruise tab, then click on general parking information on the left side.

The answers to your questions are there.

Enjoy your cruise.

Has anybody had any problems with the outdoor parking for Park n Cruise? We're thinking about that for upcoming cruise in January and just wondering how secure it is?

I used them a year ago. My car was in a lot with a high chain link fence. I assume the gate was locked when the lot was full. My only "problem" was a seagull had left a large deposit on the driver's side window! :eek:;p:p

I used them a year ago. My car was in a lot with a high chain link fence. I assume the gate was locked when the lot was full. My only "problem" was a seagull had left a large deposit on the driver's side window! :eek:;p:p

Did you take the hint and change the car?

I just reserved parking with EZ Cruise for 7 days with shuttle in January 2018. The Laborday15 code is still valid for $15 off the normal rate of $70 so our total was $59.54 including tax.

We used them a few years ago and everything was fine.

I have used both EZCruise & Park n Cruise. With EZ, we used the shuttle & drop off with luggage. Would use them both again. My preference, particularly for Carnival, is the Park n Cruise because it is SO easy to walk across the street at the light rolling our luggage (must have good spinners!) and getting OFF the ship is really fast since we don't have to wait for the shuttle. We typically both have backpack, rolling carryon and rolling suiter. If we get to that age (soon) where we have mobility issues, we will go back to EZ.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to book and prepay parking for my Vision cruise on January 22, 2018 and the date of the cruise is not coming up on the websites for Park N Cruise or Port of Galveston parking. Is it still too early to reserve???? Anyone else trying to book for that time with better results???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Twice I have parked a full size Suburban using indoor parking at Park N Cruise and it was not that big a deal as the attendant can always assist you in getting into the parking space. Additionally when you reserve a space on-line they request the type of vehicle you will be parking such that the last time they had kept open for me a large corner parking space and it was a breeze pulling into and out of the space.

CaptainR

I have been trying to book and prepay parking for my Vision cruise on January 22, 2018 and the date of the cruise is not coming up on the websites for Park N Cruise or Port of Galveston parking. Is it still too early to reserve???? Anyone else trying to book for that time with better results???

Do not think it is too early to book as I have reserved a space with Park N Cruise for my January 21, 2018, Carnival Breeze cruise. If Vision of the Seas is not showing up on their drop-down menu for ships sailing out of Galveston I would just call them directly to see about booking a space. You probably will be doing them a favor letting them know that their website needs to be revised to include sailings for the Vision.

CaptainR

We also have use Park N Cruise in Galveston -- the cars are squeezed in for the indoor parking, but I agree that an attendant will help you get in and they will save the bigger spots for the larger vehicles. The indoor option is just better for us. We always drop off luggage and then head back to park. The main reason we use them is that we self-disembark and like to be on the road early. Be aware that walking back to the car from the ship is a bit of a haul. (The grandparents last time decided to take one large bag instead of two rolling bags. When one of the wheels fell off, my poor son had to drag a suitcase the size of a small coffin back across the lot...not fun.)

It should not be too early. I booked and paid for my parking over a month ago leaving the same day on Valor. I did use EZ cruise instead of Park N Cruise though so maybe they are just ahead of the game.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Spoke to the owner because this is where we always park. He said they are not offering parking for Vision of the Seas. Due to lack of space and not knowing whether or not the ships will stay long term. I'm disappointed because we have a November and December sailing on Vision.