Policy re Saver Fares

Eglesbrech

Out of curiosity I was looking at the FAQs section about cabin changes re another question on here and I came across the following

"Early Saver / Late Saver Fare

For Early Saver and Late Saver Fare bookings it is not possible to change your cabin once it has been allocated as per the terms and conditions of the fares."

Now that's fine as people know that they get just what is left re cabin allocation to a saver fare. I wonder however how strictly P&O apply this clause if they have lots of cabins to sell? Has anyone on a saver fare tried to upgrade their cabin after it was allocated?

I have a saver later this year and they have effectively stopped selling insides (as they now cost more than a balcony guarantee) and the outsides are very limited as well. There are however bucket loads of balcony cabins left on offer.

I suspect that half the ship is on a saver fare as they were such a good buy earlier in the year so lots of people waiting for a cabin allocation. So for those in the know:

1. Do they ever proactively offer saver customers the change of a paid for upgrade. (obviously they would approach select first)

2. Has anyone ever successfully paid for an upgrade after cabin allocation on a save fare

3. As an aside to this has anyone on a saver had their cabin allocation at the port and if so how do you know the appropriate time to embark? (We have only once ever had the cabin allocated at the port and it was before the set embarkation times were implemented)

I've just paid for an upgrade on an early saver fare. Cabin had been allocated as well. I assume that paying more for a different cabin is ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's good to know, I thought that in spite of the policy if you were offering to pay them more they would take it (if of course cabins are available). It's a nice safety net on a saver fare if the cabin allocated is something dreadful. To date we have always been lucky and been very happy with any saver allocated but there is always a first....