TransPacific Repositioning Cruises

banzaii

Hi all

We are really keen to look at a Honolulu to Sydney via Bora Bora repositioning cruise in late 2019.

We definitely want to sail to Oz so we can take advantage of the shopping in Hawaii and the generous luggage alliwances when cruising. I know these are extremely popular but wanted my fellow cruisers advice on the following:

1. When do the various cruise lines release their itineraries for these sailings?

2. Any advice regarding which lines/ships to avoid? Does anyone have inside knowledge on RC Radiance OS if it might be replaced by then?

3. Which is the best place to book, direct with the cruise line, local TA, US based TA?

4. We have cruised Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Fiji and NZ. Are there other not to be missed on any of these itineraries beside Bora Bora that are recommended?

Any assistance and advices gratefully received.

Cheers

Mick

Yes; on the legend; Went in other direction. Instead of going to New Zealand, Carnival goes to Fuji & New Caledonia. Was a fantastic cruise. Bora bora, Moreaa & Tahati are incredible.. The cruise leaves Hawaii usually about the 22nd of September & is 19 days. It's a slightly newer ship then the 2 RCCL. Oh the other thing is if you have gold status with Carnival you get to go to the famous cocktail party. You will have American comedians for the first 5 days of the cruise. Hope you enjoy!!

Has anyone done the Carnival TP?

We did it this time last year. Had a great time and would love to do it again! It was a great way to wind down after spending the last 90 days travelling through the US.

We booked an obstructed ocean view room and was offered an upsell of $50/person to an extended balcony!

Loved the 5 ports (even though we had been to Noumea many times before) but I think they have now added on Maui.

Being a "journey" cruise Carnival do many different activities than normal; midnight buffet, crossing the equator ceremony, Polynesian arts&crafts, ukelle lessons, throwback sea day(ship goes back to the 80s).

The explorer of the seas would not be a good idea as it dose not go to Bora bora :confused:

Love the Explorer OS but itinerary rules it out. Nothing against Radiance OS and it has the right itinerary but may not have the onboard activities to keep our 2 teenage boys occupied after the novelty of the pool table wears off. Sort of hoping it will be redeployed for the 2019 TP and replaced with a newer ship.

Not really loyal to any particular line so it might come down to 3 main factors: itinerary (Bora Bora); onboard activities (adrenaline stuff + slides, wave rider etc); and how far out I can book to make sure we get what we want.

Still seeking clues on the latter. When we were on Explorer in April, the 2018 TP itineraries were supposed to be on sale, then it was announced that it was going to released the week after our cruise (which was TP Sydney to Seattle so we organised our Aunt to book). In reality, it didn't happen until after that cruise in late May. This took away our opportunity to use next cruise.

Yes; on the legend; Went in other direction. Instead of going to New Zealand, Carnival goes to Fuji & New Caledonia. Was a fantastic cruise. Bora bora, Moreaa & Tahati are incredible.. The cruise leaves Hawaii usually about the 22nd of September & is 19 days. It's a slightly newer ship then the 2 RCCL. Oh the other thing is if you have gold status with Carnival you get to go to the famous cocktail party. You will have American comedians for the first 5 days of the cruise. Hope you enjoy!!

Legend sounds great. Have done Vanuatu and NC and NZ so it's really about the Tahitian group.

How far out did you book on Legend?

Being a "journey" cruise Carnival do many different activities than normal; midnight buffet, crossing the equator ceremony, Polynesian arts&crafts, ukelle lessons, throwback sea day(ship goes back to the 80s).

This sounds so good!

The Solstice does that itinerary that picks up both Bora Bora and Moorea (both tender ports). Royal and X have some reciprocal rights on their loyalty programs.

Hey Mic. I am Mick from Canberra too.

I don't know much about celebrity but will look it up thanks.

Hey Mic. I am Mick from Canberra too.

I don't know much about celebrity but will look it up thanks.

You should join our meet ups at the Southern Cross Yacht club every other month, lots of great people to meet and discuss cruise issues and such. Search for a 'ACT Cruisers' group and ask to join on the media site - ;Face...'.

• 2 weeks later...
You should join our meet ups at the Southern Cross Yacht club every other month, lots of great people to meet and discuss cruise issues and such. Search for a 'ACT Cruisers' group and ask to join on the media site - ;Face...'.

Don't do the stalk book thing. Is the 'ACT Cruisers' on here or there? Searches come up empty here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all

We are really keen to look at a Honolulu to Sydney via Bora Bora repositioning cruise in late 2019.

We definitely want to sail to Oz so we can take advantage of the shopping in Hawaii and the generous luggage alliwances when cruising. I know these are extremely popular but wanted my fellow cruisers advice on the following:

1. When do the various cruise lines release their itineraries for these sailings?

2. Any advice regarding which lines/ships to avoid? Does anyone have inside knowledge on RC Radiance OS if it might be replaced by then?

3. Which is the best place to book, direct with the cruise line, local TA, US based TA?

4. We have cruised Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Fiji and NZ. Are there other not to be missed on any of these itineraries beside Bora Bora that are recommended?

Any assistance and advices gratefully received.

Cheers

Mick

Apreciate those who have taken the time to respond.

Still seeking answers to most of these questions. [emoji56]

Legend sounds great. Have done Vanuatu and NC and NZ so it's really about the Tahitian group.

How far out did you book on Legend?

I was lucky; it was Carnival legends 2nd trans-pacific. picked up tickets in late Jan 15 for late April 15 departure. Got the tickets through carnivals famous 72 hour sales. So paid just under $1500 for a balcony. Lol. Had the best time on any cruise. hardly any kids. great infomation speeches & entertainment.

It usual goes for about $2500 now. I thought about doing it again, but decided to sail from Singapour to Sydney instead next year..

I was lucky; it was Carnival legends 2nd trans-pacific. picked up tickets in late Jan 15 for late April 15 departure. Got the tickets through carnivals famous 72 hour sales. So paid just under $1500 for a balcony. Lol. Had the best time on any cruise. hardly any kids. great infomation speeches & entertainment.

It usual goes for about $2500 now. I thought about doing it again, but decided to sail from Singapour to Sydney instead next year..

I've discovered that timing is everything unless you believe in fairies. Not saying I don't but would rather leave most what ifs out of the equation. Especially for TransPac.

$1500 is almost ridiculous but gives me hope of a great deal! [emoji1]

Does anyone know when the Sept / Oct 2019 itineraries for Carnival are released?

I'd pick radiance or solstice over carnival, both are much nicer ships.

Having to be on a ship for 18-19 days It needs to look nice. Carnival ships are down right dark and ugly.:o

Have cruised RC but not Radiance. I have 2 teen boys who love flowrider etc but may get a little stir crazy with all the sea days on Radiance. Not sure how long the novelty of the pool table will last.

Dont know much about Solstice yet but we are on Carnival Spirit next year so will definitely keep an open mind until then. NCL itinerary skips Bora Bora at this point so not ideal.

A lot can happen in 2 years maybe one of the lines will bring out an extra ship, rearrange itineraries or seap out an older ship with a newer one.