Do you still just pay the difference if you get a more expensive drink then Classic..

bluecruisin

We would get Baileys on the classic.. DH asked for double, the bartender said no problem. Never charged us extra.

When did you last sail on Celebrity. The rules changed back in April. It took a couple of months for the changes to go through the whole fleet. It appears they tried it on a couple of ships and when there was no great negative reaction expanded it out into the fleet. Personally I like the changes. Whilst I may have to pay a little extra for some drinks I now have a greater selection of higher priced drinks at less cost. After OBC is there to cover these anomalies isn't it

When did you last sail on Celebrity. The rules changed back in April. It took a couple of months for the changes to go through the whole fleet. It appears they tried it on a couple of ships and when there was no great negative reaction expanded it out into the fleet. Personally I like the changes. Whilst I may have to pay a little extra for some drinks I now have a greater selection of higher priced drinks at less cost. After OBC is there to cover these anomalies isn't it

I like Bailys but hate to pay $10 for a single jigger. Hate even more paying $15 for a decent size portion. Our last X cruise was last January. Then I had to pay $15 for Grey Goose, not the difference between the cheap stuff.

I like Bailys but hate to pay $10 for a single jigger. Hate even more paying $15 for a decent size portion. Our last X cruise was last January. Then I had to pay $15 for Grey Goose, not the difference between the cheap stuff.

Now you will only pay the difference. If Baileys is now $10 ( don't know exact price as we had Premimum pkg) & you have the Classic the difference is $1.18. Grey Goose at $15 would cost $7.08. Since the cost to upgrade is )$ 11.80. it seems a Grey Goose and a double Baileys almost cover the cost with the added bonus of more wine choices.

Edited by jelayne

Now you will only pay the difference. If Baileys is now $10 ( don't know exact price as we had Premimum pkg) & you have the Classic the difference is $1.18. Grey Goose at $15 would cost $7.08. Since the cost to upgrade is )$ 11.80. it seems a Grey Goose and a double Baileys almost cover the cost with the added bonus of more wine choices.

Would like to share an experience on our last X cruise. We had the classic beverage package. Not realizing the distinctions, I go to a bar and order a Grey Goose and tonic. Get the drink and a chit for $14 and change. I say "but isn't this included in my beverage package". To which he replies: "Grey Goose is only "available" with the premium package." I said I thought I pay just the difference. No sir. So.......I said I'm not going to pay 15 bucks for a drink when I have a beverage package, I'll have an Absolut and tonic. I assumed the bartender would say never mind, take the GG. No, with great drama he proceeds to raise the glass high above the sink and slowly pours it down the drain.

My next stop was the hotel director who upon hearing the story proceeds to slap a premium sticker on my sea pass card. Wonder if the barkeep is now cleaning bilges?

Would like to share an experience on our last X cruise. We had the classic beverage package. Not realizing the distinctions, I go to a bar and order a Grey Goose and tonic. Get the drink and a chit for $14 and change. I say "but isn't this included in my beverage package". To which he replies: "Grey Goose is only "available" with the premium package." I said I thought I pay just the difference. No sir. So.......I said I'm not going to pay 15 bucks for a drink when I have a beverage package, I'll have an Absolut and tonic. I assumed the bartender would say never mind, take the GG. No, with great drama he proceeds to raise the glass high above the sink and slowly pours it down the drain.

My next stop was the hotel director who upon hearing the story proceeds to slap a premium sticker on my sea pass card. Wonder if the barkeep is now cleaning bilges?

He better be! What a jerk. Glad you followed up immediately and not wait to report at the end of the cruise.

When we first booked, DH's preference of Southern Comfort was in the Select package. No more. Now I have to up him to the premium so he can drink. I don't know if I want to upgrade or not. I may want a martini at the Martini Bar but was worried that I had to pay for the whole shebang if I got one. Not that I drink a lot of martinis but one a day would be worth the package upgrade. Maybe what they are hoping for.

The change rolled out on Infinity in April. There were plenty of grumpy people at Guest Services once they saw the charges on their account for a buck or two or three. Only two bars told us about the changes, others just served whatever anyone specified with no warning.

After hearing one bar waitress explain the change from a can of soda to only a glass (classic) and getting grumpy remarks, I said to her "I'm sorry you have to deal with the grumps, it isn't your fault or choice". Her response - "Celebrity pays me to work, not think". I think it was one of the saddest work related things I ever heard a staffer say.

Good response! Just curious, how did you contact the Hotel Director? A couple of years ago, cruising with DSs, we were being given the run around getting Red Bull -- kept being told not available at various bars. I met the Hotel Director at an Elite party who hearing hearing this arranged for 12 cans to be sent to our cabins!

When we first booked, DH's preference of Southern Comfort was in the Select package. No more. Now I have to up him to the premium so he can drink. I don't know if I want to upgrade or not. I may want a martini at the Martini Bar but was worried that I had to pay for the whole shebang if I got one. Not that I drink a lot of martinis but one a day would be worth the package upgrade. Maybe what they are hoping for.

Don't you both have to have the same package? What is to prevent the premium of you buying a premium cocktail and give it to your classic wife?

Good response! Just curious, how did you contact the Hotel Director? A couple of years ago, cruising with DSs, we were being given the run around getting Red Bull -- kept being told not available at various bars. I met the Hotel Director at an Elite party who hearing hearing this arranged for 12 cans to be sent to our cabins!

Very simple. I went to the Pursers Desk (yes, I still call it a Pursers Desk; this is a cruise ship not Macy's small appliances) and politely asked for a meeting with the hotel director. The Purser asked what this was in reference to? I stated that I just incountered a very disturbing situation in the X lounge. I feel the seriousness of the situation warrants an audience directly with the HD. She said I'll have one of the restaurant managers contact you. My reply was courteous but insistent. I suggested that as an Elite Plus, the CC concierge might be able to make my request happen.

Within 15 minutes the HD met me in the atrium where we concluded, to my satisfaction, complaint.

Is Baileys part of the premium or the classic package? Problem is my wife only drinks classic level beverages. Shame to pay a lot of money for a nightly glass of heap wine.

Don't you both have to have the same package? What is to prevent the premium of you buying a premium cocktail and give it to your classic wife?

If you have the package as a perk, you can upgrade one without upgrading the other. If you are purchasing them outright, you can also purchase classic for one and premium for another.

Where the confusion comes is when you are selecting which perk to get, you both must get the same. If one of you is getting a drink package, the other cannot get the internet package, you both must get the same offer.

I have a couple questions.

1. How does this work with non-alcoholic drinks that are not in the classic package? Ex Redbulls. Do you still just have to pay the full price for the red bull?

2. Some people upthread mentioned passengers were upset about this change. Why would people be upset about paying less for drinks? Ex now paying $2 plus tip for an $11 glass of wine vs in the past paying $11 plus tip for the $11 glass of wine that was over the $9 classic package limit?

Very simple. I went to the Pursers Desk (yes, I still call it a Pursers Desk; this is a cruise ship not Macy's small appliances) and politely asked for a meeting with the hotel director. The Purser asked what this was in reference to? I stated that I just incountered a very disturbing situation in the X lounge. I feel the seriousness of the situation warrants an audience directly with the HD. She said I'll have one of the restaurant managers contact you. My reply was courteous but insistent. I suggested that as an Elite Plus, the CC concierge might be able to make my request happen.

Within 15 minutes the HD met me in the atrium where we concluded, to my satisfaction, complaint.

Oh gosh. Why let something so tiny get to you?! I would think a 'very disturbing situation' would be more like someone breaking their leg & their bone protruding out of the skin. Not someone charging you for a Grey Goose vodka- when indeed, it isn't part of the package you had.

I guess everyone's view of the world is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh gosh. Why let something so tiny get to you?! I would think a 'very disturbing situation' would be more like someone breaking their leg & their bone protruding out of the skin. Not someone charging you for a Grey Goose vodka- when indeed, it isn't part of the package you had.

I guess everyone's view of the world is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regardless of whether the customer knew that GG & tonic was $15 or not, there was no reason for the bartender to that disrespectfully. If it had happened to me, not only would I be having a conversation with the HD, but I'd be making sure that I let him know that my free premium package was courtesy of him every time I ordered a drink.