Viking Cookbook

Peregrina651

Viking has an e-cookbook available--and you will never guess what it is called!

It is free if you are willing to share your name and e-mail..

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/brochures/cookbook-digital.html#noscroll

I just downloaded the pdf. Very pretty pictures. Sixty or so recipes, including some desserts, from all of the regions that Viking sails.

They actually do(or did) sell it on some of the ships ... saw it in the "store" on our river cruise last winter. I had planned to buy a copy but somehow managed to forget until after we were on our way home. Will enjoy this version until I get another chance!

I just downloaded the pdf. Very pretty pictures. Sixty or so recipes, including some desserts, from all of the regions that Viking sails.

Thanks, I just spent the whole night drooling!!!

Thank you!!! Can't wait to check it out!

I get emails with a recipe from Viking for quite some time. They are good :)

Not sure why, but I cannot open the link - just keep getting an error message. Can anyone give me the full URL please

Cruise Critic automatically truncates the URL when it posts, so repeating it will only give you what you see above. If clicking on the above link doesn't work, then try right-clicking on the link and choosing something line "copy link address" or "copy link location" and then pasting the result into your browser. (Highlighting and copying the address may only copy what you see on the screen--and that won't get you to where you want to be).

Peregrina,

Is the e-cookbook from Viking that you are referring to titled "The Kitchen Table"? If it is, we were gifted hardbound copies of it when we were aboard the Viking Sea when she was christened in Greenwich in May of 2016. A beautiful book filled with lovely pictures of both food and the many places they come from that Viking sails to.

Peregrina,

Is the e-cookbook from Viking that you are referring to titled "The Kitchen Table"? If it is, we were gifted hardbound copies of it when we were aboard the Viking Sea when she was christened in Greenwich in May of 2016. A beautiful book filled with lovely pictures of both food and the many places they come from that Viking sails to.

Yes, The Kitchen Table. Have you tried any of the recipes?

Sorry but the food on our last viking river cruise was awful. I actually complained after we got home. I'll not be bothering with their cookery book!

Just hope things have improved on the sea cruises.

Just wondering what in your opinion made the food "awful."

From the recent reviews we have read here everyone seems very pleased with the food.

Just wondering what in your opinion made the food "awful."

From the recent reviews we have read here everyone seems very pleased with the food.

If you check back through Nippy Sweetie's posting history, you will find that the comment about the "awful" food on Viking river cruises was originally posted on November 15, 2013. Evaluate that as you will, but it is not a "recent" review, and it does not agree with the majority of the opinions that I have viewed in these threads. Our experience on both Viking Ocean and Viking River is that the food has been good to excellent across the board.

Thank you for researching my previous posts. It's saved me a job. Suffice to say that the food and general quality of our last Viking trip was enough to deter us from booking with them again. We have found other holiday destinations for our money.

Viking doesn't let you go however, and have bombarded us with advertising materials in what felt like every postal delivery. Eventually we have succumbed to it and have booked an ocean cruise in the fervent hope that it is much better than our last river cruise.

Thank you for researching my previous posts. It's saved me a job. Suffice to say that the food and general quality of our last Viking trip was enough to deter us from booking with them again. We have found other holiday destinations for our money.

Viking doesn't let you go however, and have bombarded us with advertising materials in what felt like every postal delivery. Eventually we have succumbed to it and have booked an ocean cruise in the fervent hope that it is much better than our last river cruise.

I hope you will enjoy your upcoming Viking Ocean cruise as much as we have enjoyed ours, and that you will look back on your earlier experience as an aberration.

Dear Nippy Sweetie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us constructive feedback upon return from your previous cruise, where food fell short of expectations. Although we apologize for the disappointment, feedback like yours is most certainly appreciated, as we endeavor to constantly improve and evolve to better meet the needs of our guests.

We’re thrilled that you’ve given us another opportunity to regain your trust and look forward to a pleasant ocean sailing together. It is our hope that you find the cuisine aboard your next cruise to be enjoyable – and even memorable!

See you aboard soon.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Sorry but the food on our last viking river cruise was awful. I actually complained after we got home. I'll not be bothering with their cookery book!

Just hope things have improved on the sea cruises.

Cruise Critic automatically truncates the URL when it posts, so repeating it will only give you what you see above. If clicking on the above link doesn't work, then try right-clicking on the link and choosing something line "copy link address" or "copy link location" and then pasting the result into your browser. (Highlighting and copying the address may only copy what you see on the screen--and that won't get you to where you want to be).

Hi, Sorry but whatever Imtry I can't get this....any chance you could give me the truncated bit and I can hopefully do,it that way??

Thank you.