wait listed excusions

Kizzysmom

Afternoon all. Has anyone here had booked a wait listed excursion and actually gone on the trip they had wait listed?

We were advised P&O customer services to put Easy Pisa on wait list (it sold out really fast) in the hope that space would become available or that another trip would be put on if there was enough interest.

regards

Edited by Kizzysmom
missing comma

Yes. We were wait listed for a tour in Ireland and they had so much interest that they were able to almost fill a second coach so it went.

If Pisa sold out that quickly there are probably others like you who would want this particular tour.

Hope you are lucky,

Easy Pisa sounds like a trip that is straight forward for the cruise line to organise. They just hire a coach from the quayside return and let you roam alone in the town with possible stops. Once the bus is full, they wait list people, who might book other excursions. As the Pisa wait list increases to viable numbers they will rent a second bus. The chances of your being successful on this type of trip are high in my opinion. This would not be the case on trips where limited availability existed at a destination venue such as a catamaran trip.

Regards John

Yes, we have always got on waitlisted trips. As an aside I have noticed they put what are likely to be the least popular times on the personaliser first and then when they fill up they release new times - if you have already booked you can't see the new times, presumably in an effort to stop you cancelling and re-booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes we were wait listed for Santiago de Compostela last week. We found out the day after boarding that we had been allocated a place. However, we did not receive our pre cruise booking Peninsular price reduction and paid fullprice.

Presumably you received the normal peninsular discount that you get off any on board purchases?

Easy Pisa sounds like a trip that is straight forward for the cruise line to organise. They just hire a coach from the quayside return and let you roam alone in the town with possible stops. Once the bus is full, they wait list people, who might book other excursions. As the Pisa wait list increases to viable numbers they will rent a second bus. The chances of your being successful on this type of trip are high in my opinion. This would not be the case on trips where limited availability existed at a destination venue such as a catamaran trip.

Regards John

The Pisa trip in question includes a trolley train, which obviously has limited capacity, so I don't think it's this easy and I would say the only chance of getting on is if somebody cancels.

many thanks for your answers...

I thought that as this trip involves a trolley train that it was a bit of a push for P&O to say that they'd put another trip on if there was enough interest ............oh well looks like I could be stuck on board ship that day.. (n)