Two cabins, one credit card

catperson02

Having gained extra on board spend for my forthcoming Ventura cruise and I will, for the first time ever, be in the position of having some OBC left after I have paid autotips! I have booked 2 cabins: a balcony for myself and youngest daughter and an inside for my eldest who will be 20 when we sail. I intend to register my card for both cabins (yes I know but they are both "penniless students").

Anyway do I need to make sure that we use all cruise cards for any spend or will the credit be "pooled". The bookings are linked. What I don't want is for us to suddenly realise on the last day that there is unspent credit on one of the accounts as they need no encouragement to hit the shops on board.

Thanks

Like yourself, I pay for the family occupants of two cabins

and use my card for both when we all check in. On our recent cruise on Britannia I was particularly focused on this as, in addition to free parking, we had £1,210 OBC between the two cabins. Although I had used my card for both cabins when we checked in, the two cabins were set up as separate accounts. I always check my on board account regularly (to check for accuracy and to throw away the receipts) and when I enquired about this on board at reception they merged both cabins onto one account, so that our daughters cabin expenditure and OBC appeared on our account. As a result, I just paid for most things on board but the total OBC for all 4 of us was deducted from the final balance. So I suggest that you do the same in order not to have to keep working out who pays for what in order to use up the OBC.

Yes, we do that with our two sons and my father-in-law, you get one bill at the end with all transactions on if you only register the one credit/debit card.

On our last cruise, although we checked in both cabins with the same credit card, they set up two separate accounts (with my card paying for both). If I hadn't gone to reception during the cruise and asked them to 'merge' our daughters account within our cabin account, we may have had a problem with the OBC not being used up. So, the moral of this story is don't assume that this will happen automatically just because you use the same card for both cabins when checking in. Double check at reception a day or so into the cruise.