2 nights in Solstice, must????

GUT2407

Ok looks like our two nights on Solstice may happen. Most people whose opinions I trust say she is a must try ship, I hope my expectations havent risen too high.

Nowhere near enough to do everything, really just one day.

What should we "NOT MISS". Where should we eat? Any menu item to watch for.

I know Mrs Gut is hoping for glass blowing.

I know we'll end up doing whatever we feel like, but what do YOU who have sailed on her suggest for such a short cruise.

I'll be on there too with my daughter - her first Solstice trip - think it will take us the whole time for her to explore every deck and try everything available on board. We are doing Aqua this time (not my DH';s style but definitely DDs) so the new experiences for me will be Blu and Persian Garden/Relaxation room

Ok looks like our two nights on Solstice may happen. Most people whose opinions I trust say she is a must try ship, I hope my expectations havent risen too high.

I know we'll end up doing whatever we feel like, but what do YOU who have sailed on her suggest for such a short cruise.

Delighted to hear that you and Mrs Gut will be cruising on Solstice next month. That is one ship I've wanted to try. I loved my one cruise with Celebrity on "Century", but it was a small ship.

My suggestion for two nights is to just enjoy going with the flow.

Delighted to hear that you and Mrs Gut will be cruising on Solstice next month. That is one ship I've wanted to try. I loved my one cruise with Celebrity on "Century", but it was a small ship.

My suggestion for two nights is to just enjoy going with the flow.

Our only Celebrity experience was Century and we liked it, but then we prefer small ships, possibly because our first cruises were on the Pacific Princess, at 680 pax now considered tiny.

Our only Celebrity experience was Century and we liked it, but then we prefer small ships, possibly because our first cruises were on the Pacific Princess, at 680 pax now considered tiny.

My favourite ship was Ocean Princess, for the same reasons. Solstice seems to be a very popular ship.

Glass blowing is something to see as it is pretty unique. And also walking/playing bocce on the grass for the same reason. Would be a great photo opportunity when they are mowing the lawn - I didn't get to see them though. Food is great wherever you go. I loved the rack of lamb in MDR. They still have lobster there too if you're into that but don't know if it will be on the 2 nighter. Personally I would just be happy to sit somewhere with a view unwinding and enjoying the serenity (love the sunset bar) and get treated like royalty by the great staff.

2 nights = 1 day ? Where does it go to? Must go outside the Heads, maybe south to Wollongong or north to Newcastle. Enjoy and don't take any formal gear for Celebrity, these days it is 'Chic' whatever that is. :')

And don't walk on the grass up top. When we did Solstice - 14 night - NZ about 5 years ago, they had the 'lawn' roped off. But that did not prevent some Bogans having a drink athon on the grass, until they were chased off by Security, complete with their ice buckets full of lagers, ye olde buy 5,pay for 4 deal.

Glad you are going to do it.

I am not sure what a 2 night sailing will offer and as you don't drink alcohol or coffee it rules out some of my favourites.

Anyway, definitely catch the Glass blowing show, eat in the MDR and Murano's too if you can, perhaps a Chef's table.

Glad you are going to do it.

I am not sure what a 2 night sailing will offer and as you don't drink alcohol or coffee it rules out some of my favourites.

Anyway, definitely catch the Glass blowing show, eat in the MDR and Murano's too if you can, perhaps a Chef's table.

And enjoy the cabin bathrooms, Solstice had the best bathrooms of any ship I have been on. None of those plastic shower curtains that strangle you.:')

I love sailing with Princess, but the bathrooms are pathetic, including the mini suite on Island Princess last year.

Hi there dear Mr Gut,

soooo glad you may be ok to do that 2 niter...... we are counting down to cruise number 5 on solstice, such a beautiful ship.... one thing we love is a late night drink (or juice, soft drink etc)...

right up the top in the sunset bar, lots of nice comfy cane chairs up there... usually very quiet at that time, just the stars and the lovely lawn area....very relaxing indeed...really wish you the best of times on there, you and your wife will love it....

best regards

S&D

And enjoy the cabin bathrooms, Solstice had the best bathrooms of any ship I have been on. None of those plastic shower curtains that strangle you.:')

I love sailing with Princess, but the bathrooms are pathetic, including the mini suite on Island Princess last year.

Got to love Princess.....:)

Big hello to you Les.... looks like you are getting plenty of cruises in!..lol....only way to go...

we are very busy here looking after the grandbubs, and planning cruises of course.... just booked Majestic P to Fiji next year, also doing solstice in Jan..NZ again.... very best regards to you both

S&D

Hi there dear Mr Gut,

soooo glad you may be ok to do that 2 niter...... we are counting down to cruise number 5 on solstice, such a beautiful ship.... one thing we love is a late night drink (or juice, soft drink etc)...

right up the top in the sunset bar, lots of nice comfy cane chairs up there... usually very quiet at that time, just the stars and the lovely lawn area....very relaxing indeed...really wish you the best of times on there, you and your wife will love it....

best regards

S&D

They also have blankets and/or towels in case it is a bit cool. Just beware of the smoking section on the port side.

2 nights = 1 day ? Where does it go to? Must go outside the Heads, maybe south to Wollongong or north to Newcastle. Enjoy and don't take any formal gear for Celebrity, these days it is 'Chic' whatever that is. :')

And don't walk on the grass up top. When we did Solstice - 14 night - NZ about 5 years ago, they had the 'lawn' roped off. But that did not prevent some Bogans having a drink athon on the grass, until they were chased off by Security, complete with their ice buckets full of lagers, ye olde buy 5,pay for 4 deal.

Yeah a real short one, guess we won't get real far out beforeits turn around and head back, board Friday arvo disembark Sunday morning it's really just a weekend away for a bit of a celebration at less $$ than a night or two in a hotel and a soup up feed.

I doubt there'll even be a chic night

the burgers and hot dogs at the Mast Grill (poolside) are very, very good.

no charge for the food at this Grill.

On Princess we're regulars at the grill, trying to work out where to squeeze it in on this cruise.

Got to love Princess.....:)

Big hello to you Les.... looks like you are getting plenty of cruises in!..lol....only way to go...

we are very busy here looking after the grandbubs, and planning cruises of course.... just booked Majestic P to Fiji next year, also doing solstice in Jan..NZ again.... very best regards to you both

S&D

Cheers Sandy and Dave, hope Yass is going ok, good to see you on the boards and cruising.:p

Hi there dear Mr Gut,

best regards

S&D

Thanks, doc has said I can give it a try and take it from there.