Christmas Day aboard ship?

sujay

travelling with royal caribbean Mariner of the Seas out of Singapore for 4day cruise over Christmas. Does anyone know what Christmas Day is like aboard? Does santa make an appearance as two grandchildren travelling too.? Any info/advice appreciated!:)

Was on a Celebriy ship over Christmas. The ship will be decorated. Crew did caroling on the grand staricase on Christmas Eve. Santa did pay a visit. Lots of families had photograher take picture of them on the grand staircase as a family memory. All looked lovely in their Christmas attire.

I brought foiled covered chocolate balls in Christmas designs to give out to every crew member I met including officers on Christmas Day. We also wore christmas light necklaces to dinner on Christmas Eve. Waiters loved them.

Enjoy your Christmas cruise with the grand children.!

travelling with royal caribbean Mariner of the Seas out of Singapore for 4day cruise over Christmas. Does anyone know what Christmas Day is like aboard? Does santa make an appearance as two grandchildren travelling too.? Any info/advice appreciated!:)

You might want to also ask your question on the Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines forum since that is where info specific to that cruise line is discussed.

We used to do Christmas cruises -- did them on 3 different cruise lines.

Most ships were really decorated lovely.

The daily program listed the time and place for Santa. Now that many of the ships have a children's area on the ships, their program will be more specific as to activities for the day.

I would never pass out any food to crew members as they come from many different parts of the world and some have religious differences and restrictions on what they are allowed to eat.

Christmas Cruises on the Prinsendam and the original Royal Princess: both were very enjoyable with plenty of holiday spirit: Carols, hot Chocolate, Christmas Cookies, special menus, a plethora of Christmas trees, and Santa arrived on the Prinsendam, preceded by a video of his arrival on the ship with audio from Captain Dag shown in the Showroom at Sea that enhanced Santa's arrival many times! We were in a port on Christmas Day and several children were ashore. I guess. Those children who attended the program Christmas morning received more gifts than I think they would have if all of the kids had been attended. Another memorable Christmas day for me.