Marquesas excursions -Are they really that rough?

skyview851

Our shore excursions just posted, and I am concerned with the warnings on several of them:

Please note: As this tour involves rough off-road driving, it is not recommended for guests with back and/or neck problems, who suffer from motion sickness or vertigo or women who are pregnant. This tour involves very little walking.

Are these trips really that rough? We have some older family members traveling with us, and I am worried these rides would be too much for them. Any info greatly appreciated!

Our shore excursions just posted, and I am concerned with the warnings on several of them:

Please note: As this tour involves rough off-road driving, it is not recommended for guests with back and/or neck problems, who suffer from motion sickness or vertigo or women who are pregnant. This tour involves very little walking.

Are these trips really that rough? We have some older family members traveling with us, and I am worried these rides would be too much for them. Any info greatly appreciated!

The short answer is, in general, "no". They often put in that warning for a trip that's by 4x4. Some of these can be quite rough, like the ones on Bora Bora and Moorea that end up almost vertical on muddy roads in the mountains. I don't remember anything like that in the Marquesas, but it depends on the specifics. We did three 4x4 trips on these islands in 2008 and I don't remember them being rough (and I was 60, husband 65 at the time), but you should probably let your older family members decide for themselves.