Luggage Labels

jay.leach

Hi. I am going on my first cruise next month. P&O state that two ID's have to be attached to luggage otherwise it won't be embarked. The printable luggage labels are so fragile and I have seen holders on Ebay. What would frequent cruisers recommend? I really appreciate your advice. Jay

Hi. I am going on my first cruise next month. P&O state that two ID's have to be attached to luggage otherwise it won't be embarked. The printable luggage labels are so fragile and I have seen holders on Ebay. What would frequent cruisers recommend? I really appreciate your advice. Jay

Amazon has a good selection: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cruise+luggage+tag+holders

I'd go with the ones with a metal grommet on the plastic and metal wires that attach to the luggage.

Also wanted to welcome you to Cruise Critic.

Hi. I am going on my first cruise next month.

P&O state that two ID's have to be attached to luggage otherwise it won't be embarked.

The printable luggage labels are so fragile and I have seen holders on Ebay.

What would frequent cruisers recommend?

I really appreciate your advice. Jay

How exciting; your first cruise !

Yes, since you are concerned, buy a holder for your P&O tag.

Of course, you will also have your personal luggage tag securely fastened.

Also, place ID in an inside pocket of your luggage.

When you approach the ship take a look at the luggage(tags) of others.

I think you will find that the ship's tags are not that "fragile". :)

However, we don't place ours on luggage until we are at the dock.

Edited by $hip$hape

Are these compatible with P&O labels or are all cruise line labels the same?

Jay

There are a variety of holder sizes on the Amazon site, for most cruise lines. Also, it's not a big deal to use a slightly larger label holder than necessary.

I print out on 100 gsm A4 paper and glue it as I fold it up. Finally I cover it all in Sellotape and staple the ends together and put more Sellotape across the ends. Two of these on each case. They are incredibly strong and you probably could pick up the case by the tag.

Regards John

Amazon has a good selection: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cruise+luggage+tag+holders

I'd go with the ones with a metal grommet on the plastic and metal wires that attach to the luggage.

Also wanted to welcome you to Cruise Critic.

Also use zip ties to add additional safety. We also zip tie our personal identity tags. Use loose them frequently but not since we started using zip ties.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've not had problems with P&O labels- as already said, fold them and sellotape... they're strong enough. The important thing is to show the colour and cabin number.

Also, remember to put your home name and address inside the case- just a precaution.

Have a wonderful cruise. :)

I've used the plastic ones from Amazon with success.

Another option is to "self laminate" the tag with packing tape. Also, velcro cord ties are good for keeping it on the suitcase (so you don't have to bring a stapler), although you'll need to put a hole in the tag first.