San Juan port-Fascination

cruisekitty22

I do know that FEMA is clearing the port and airport so that help can arrive. The airports are closed and I believe will continue to be closed to everybody but perhaps emergency services. The entire island is 100% OUT of communication, it will take months for them to even get electricity and communications working as towers are all down and destroyed.

The airport sustained damages to the interior of the terminal from videos posted on Twitter yesterday. Looked like glass panes and roof leaks everywhere. Possibly broken pipes too in the ceiling with the water that was pouring in unless it was just the rain water. It amazes me that RCCL has not cancelled Saturday's trip out of that port. People should be arriving today through Saturday, but they are playing games again with the booked cruises. We are scheduled for next Saturday (30-Sept) for ours on RCL.

The airport sustained damages to the interior of the terminal from videos posted on Twitter yesterday. Looked like glass panes and roof leaks everywhere. Possibly broken pipes too in the ceiling with the water that was pouring in unless it was just the rain water. It amazes me that RCCL has not cancelled Saturday's trip out of that port. People should be arriving today through Saturday, but they are playing games again with the booked cruises. We are scheduled for next Saturday (30-Sept) for ours on RCL.

All cruise lines really care about is if the port is open. If it is open, I would assume cruises are a go. It isn’t their responsibility if you can get to port; however, unless you purchased airfare through the cruise line.

If I were trying to figure out the situation in Puerto Rico, I think I would rely on Carnival’s official notifications. You might want to check their website and their FB pages for information. Based on reports from PR, it is highly doubtful any cruise will embark or debark there for quite a while.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do know that FEMA is clearing the port and airport so that help can arrive. The airports are closed and I believe will continue to be closed to everybody but perhaps emergency services. The entire island is 100% OUT of communication, it will take months for them to even get electricity and communications working as towers are all down and destroyed.

Hi, how are you getting your info? I agree with you. It's just I have someone that was coming to visit from PR, ( purchased 3 months ago) next Tuesday, however airlines are right now only willing to change the dates for a week out.

I need to keep on top of it since there is minimal communication on the island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the docks at San Juan ports are still there and in tack? We are suppose to sail from San Juan but if there are no docks there how can we do that? Our cruise is October 1, 2017.

Has your cruise been cancelled or moved to another port?

Does anyone know if the docks at San Juan ports are still there and in tack? We are suppose to sail from San Juan but if there are no docks there how can we do that? Our cruise is October 1, 2017.

I doubt your cruise will be departing from San Juan on October 1. As to whether Carnival cancels or finds a temporary homeport, that's another question and hard to answer.

I wouldn't be surprised if they contract out Fascination as housing for the recovery effort for a few months.

I doubt your cruise will be departing from San Juan on October 1. As to whether Carnival cancels or finds a temporary homeport, that's another question and hard to answer.

I wouldn't be surprised if they contract out Fascination as housing for the recovery effort for a few months.

You should Hurricane Maria thread, people actually think they can fly out and in San Juan airport for Saturday's AOS arrival and departure.

You should Hurricane Maria thread, people actually think they can fly out and in San Juan airport for Saturday's AOS arrival and departure.

They might be thinking that since the cruiselines haven't cancelled or switched ports as of this late date.

San Juan will be closed to cruises for at least a month and I bet that's pretty conservative. As I noted, I wouldn't be surprised if both ships (Fascination and AoS) are contracted out as housing for the recovery effort. They can't set up a temporary homeport and reschedule so many people from so many cruises on such short notice.

It's an interesting problem, what to do with current cruisers. The people who live on PR will want to go home to check on their loved ones and homes, but the last thing PR needs is another 10,000 people to take care of in the aftermath, who are currently safe and secure. I wonder if they will be debarked and sheltered in Miami?

They might be thinking that since the cruiselines haven't cancelled or switched ports as of this late date.

Yeah I know , but it doesn't take rocket science. Airport is supposed to open tomorrow at 8 pm. Fingers crossed. You would think they learned from HARVEY

Yeah I know , but it doesn't take rocket science. Airport is supposed to open tomorrow at 8 pm. Fingers crossed. You would think they learned from HARVEY

There's open and there's open, if you know what I mean. The airport may open tomorrow evening, but I doubt they'll be allowing tourists onto the island. It will be open for people who live there and for people in the rescue and recovery effort.

PR has no excess food or water and no electricity. The tourist industry there will be at a standstill until the basics are restored.

All cruise lines really care about is if the port is open. If it is open, I would assume cruises are a go. It isn’t their responsibility if you can get to port; however, unless you purchased airfare through the cruise line.

Of course they care, what they can do about it is another story. They would def want a full ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Says 5pm Sat or Sun, I am not fluid in there language though.

When he first provided the link, it said Thursday at 8 pm. Now it says Saturday at 5 pm. Teh airport took damage, so I wouldn't be shocked to see that slide further.

At any rate, I suspect they won't be allowing tourists to fly to the island even when they reopen the airport.

When he first provided the link, it said Thursday at 8 pm. Now it says Saturday at 5 pm. Teh airport took damage, so I wouldn't be shocked to see that slide further.

At any rate, I suspect they won't be allowing tourists to fly to the island even when they reopen the airport.

Yes it has taken some damage. It may be restricted for use. I know the air Traffic facilities had leaks.

If I were trying to figure out the situation in Puerto Rico, I think I would rely on Carnival’s official notifications. You might want to check their website and their FB pages for information. Based on reports from PR, it is highly doubtful any cruise will embark or debark there for quite a while.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good post. After watching the news for 5 minutes today, it's obvious that a 10/1 cruise is in serious jeopardy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums