Avalon Imagery II Optional Excursions

mlld3536

Hi, all--

We are going on the Christmas market Rhine cruise in December and have just received the descriptions of the optional excursions. I have some questions that the agent at Avalon could not answer, as "Those are third-party tours." Maybe you folks can help.

Black Forest: I know people differ on this one. I could care less about the Cuckoo Clock shop. But previous mailings mentioned an open air museum, which did intrigue me. On further research, I have found that in fact on the day of our tour, that museum has a big Christmas market and festival. I am trying to find out if our tour will include that.

Colmar: We do want to see Colmar regardless, but we most want to see the Issenheim Altarpiece in the Unterlinden Museum there. Does the tour include this museum? If not, would it be reasonably easy to go there on our own?

I understand the difference between "slow walkers" or "leisurely" and "regular." But the excursion menu I have distinguishes between "pace": "on the go / leisurely / steady" and "mobility": "easy / challenging / mildly challenging." Any guidance out there on what these mean? Haven't been able to find it!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 11 months later...