Fahrenheit 455 Steakhouse vs Ruth Chris

iamchrisstone

So, I am a huge Ruth Chris fan. I'm not a person that just craves any ole steak. I'm not a picky eater in general. In fact, on our cruises, I LOVE the buffet food. That being said, when it comes to steak, I am pretty picky.

Anyway, I've never been interested in trying Fahrenheit 455 but as I am preparing for my next cruise on the Sunshine, it has been said to me a couple times that it is comparable to Ruth Chris'. Any validity to this point?

OCruises, the first person to spell it correctly. No one was comparing money, but Ruth's is a step above Carnival. Ruth's steak cooking is unique. they use dry aged Prime steaks, cooked at 1800 degrees and served on a 500 degree plate. For someone to say they do not care for Ruth's Chris is somewhat surprising. The only thing I do not like is everything is ala cart and the price.

I love this forum! You guys are awesome. At Ruth Chris i enjoy the Filet well done.

On a side note, is it true day 1 there is a discount or something to go to the steakhouse? If so, does the time interfere with the circle c thing? I have custody of my niece and nephew and wouldnt mind them going but dont want to pull them away from the ice breakers and such. Plus, it may be awkward being "that guy" dining alone lol.

Agree about Ruth Chris....NOT the best steak I've ever had....and so, sooooooo overpriced! I think the best filet I've ever had was at a place called "Crab and Fin" in Sarasota....omg...that steak was like butter, baby! So tasty! And, without the "hoity toity attitude of the Ruth Chris waitstaff!

Ruth Chris is similar to Longhorn Steakhouse only its more pricier....Mortons Steakhouse/Peter Luger/David Burke/Bern's/BLT and Prime in Syosset NY are my most favorite steakhouses......honestly, I can't eat the food in the MDR on Carnival ships its just horrible but we sure are very happy with the Steakhouse on Carnival...for a cheap price your paying your getting an excellent meal.

On another note, Carnivals Steakhouse is much better than RC Chops!

Ruth Chris is similar to Longhorn Steakhouse only its more pricier....Mortons Steakhouse/Peter Luger/David Burke/Bern's/BLT and Prime in Syosset NY are my most favorite steakhouses......honestly, I can't eat the food in the MDR on Carnival ships its just horrible but we sure are very happy with the Steakhouse on Carnival...for a cheap price your paying your getting an excellent meal.

On another note, Carnivals Steakhouse is much better than RC Chops!

Not following your post, MDR is bad, buffet is worse, so you eat at the Steakhouse every night? Isn't Longhorn similar to Outback, we do not have one here. Ruth's Chris is a top of the line steakhouse.

OCruises, the first person to spell it correctly. No one was comparing money, but Ruth's is a step above Carnival. Ruth's steak cooking is unique. they use dry aged Prime steaks, cooked at 1800 degrees and served on a 500 degree plate. For someone to say they do not care for Ruth's Chris is somewhat surprising. The only thing I do not like is everything is ala cart and the price.

Thank you!

We also find it surprising for anyone not to like the steaks at Ruth's Chris.:confused:

Coevan:

Yes, Longhorn is on the same level as Outback, but the Outback uses some type of marinade that really makes the steak taste worse than Longhorn...they both are the typical fast food chain steakhouses...inexpensive but affordable. Yes, on all our Carnival cruises if they have the steakhouse we dine there every evening. I believe the only Carnival cruise that we been on in the past years that didn't have the steakhouse was the Fascination, so there we have to go to the MDR and we generally order the up charge items, but honestly, it can't compare to what you really get at the steakhouse.

I see your located in Colorado, I am unsure what part but there is a Morton's Steakhouse in Denver that we went to when we were there, we also been to Ocean Prime there (they have a few locations such as NY and Boston been there also) and I think you would like that and you may just say you prefer these steakhouses over Ruth Chris. ;)

I tried CUT in Beverly Hills, ewwwww, I take Ruth. Chris over CUT.

OCruisers - We travel ALOT, we take 2-3 cruises each year, plus go to Aruba 1-2 times each year, plus 3 additional land based vacations so I have a very lengthly list of restaurants we dine at and I only dine at 4/5 star restaurants when I am away, with this being said, this is why I am able to say that Ruth Chris is nothing special as I have tried tons of fine steakhouses throughout the country and out of the country, I am able to compare, and I love comparing, I am such a foodie! :D

I do not think you will be disappointed with the Carnival Steakhouse; I would be one to say it is comparable to Ruth's Chris. It is certainly a much better quality than Outback or Longhorn and a totally different dining experience just as you would find at RC. I like Morton's as well but don't feel it is significantly better.

As you can tell from the response, food is subjective. I truly recommend you try it for yourself and be your own judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love this forum! You guys are awesome. At Ruth Chris i enjoy the Filet well done.

On a side note, is it true day 1 there is a discount or something to go to the steakhouse? If so, does the time interfere with the circle c thing? I have custody of my niece and nephew and wouldnt mind them going but dont want to pull them away from the ice breakers and such. Plus, it may be awkward being "that guy" dining alone lol.

You get a free bottle of house red or white wine the first night on the Magic and the Breeze. Even better, if you forego the free wine you can buy any bottle for half price. I think this is fleet wide.

If you make an early reservation, 5:30 or 6:00, your kids will have time to get to the first night activities at their respective clubs.

Thank you!

We also find it surprising for anyone not to like the steaks at Ruth's Chris.:confused:

Always a great meal at Ruth's particularly at the old flagship location on Broad St in NOLA. I was lucky enough to have lunch there about two weeks before Katrina did it in.

I like the steaks served on board. The people who age the beef are doing a great job to have tender delicious meat. I like the presentation in the steakhouse too. I like the showcase of the cuts available before selecting from the menu.

If you want to taste the best steak in America, try The Piedmont Steakhouse in Culpeper VA.

Fahrenheit 555 is good and more than worth what you pay for it but until they upgrade those stale sides that they've had since the inception of "The Supper Club" about 15 years ago they will never be able to compete with land based steakhouses.

I agree, but I do love the Portobello mushrooms (always get two orders). Do you remember when they had the 24 oz. Porterhouse. That steak was to die for. You could cut it with a spoon! :D

OCruisers - We travel ALOT, we take 2-3 cruises each year, plus go to Aruba 1-2 times each year, plus 3 additional land based vacations so I have a very lengthly list of restaurants we dine at and I only dine at 4/5 star restaurants when I am away, with this being said, this is why I am able to say that Ruth Chris is nothing special as I have tried tons of fine steakhouses throughout the country and out of the country, I am able to compare, and I love comparing, I am such a foodie! :D

Speaking of Aruba, did you ever eat at El Gaucho's? That place is awesome!!! :cool: