Drinks in Stateroom

Beejay4016

Hi all. Our cruise next February will be our first with Celebrity. We have sailed with HAL in the past, and we were always able to go onto their site and order a bottle of gin to be delivered to our room so it was there when we boarded. I haven't found anything on the Celebrity site to indicate the possibility of arranging to have a bottle delivered to our room. Any advice would be welcome. :)

It is called a stateroom bar set up. I think $92 -$115 depending on what brand you choose. It is a while since we booked one now but I think it comes with some mixers and a box of mixed nuts. Look under drinks packages on the website.

You can also ask your stateroom attendant to empty your minibar and then refill yourself with your preferred in room drinks. They will be 'chilled' rather than cold. Your stateroom attendant will also deliver you ice daily if requested.

Enjoy.

Hi all. Our cruise next February will be our first with Celebrity. We have sailed with HAL in the past, and we were always able to go onto their site and order a bottle of gin to be delivered to our room so it was there when we boarded. I haven't found anything on the Celebrity site to indicate the possibility of arranging to have a bottle delivered to our room. Any advice would be welcome. :)

If you go into your "My Celebrity" account it is under the section with drink packages.

Hi Chemmo and dkjretired. Many thanks for those comments. I did look at the drink packages on the Celebrity website, but I think I must have misread something as it seemed to me that the cost shown is a daily cost whereas we just like to have a bottle of gin (or whisky) in our room to just have a couple of drinks on the balcony each night. I certainly don't want to pay $100-odd per day as we'll probably opt for the Classic drink package anyway. I think I'd better go back to the site and have another look at what is on offer. Cheers .

Hi Chemmo and dkjretired. Many thanks for those comments. I did look at the drink packages on the Celebrity website, but I think I must have misread something as it seemed to me that the cost shown is a daily cost whereas we just like to have a bottle of gin (or whisky) in our room to just have a couple of drinks on the balcony each night. I certainly don't want to pay $100-odd per day as we'll probably opt for the Classic drink package anyway. I think I'd better go back to the site and have another look at what is on offer. Cheers .

I just looked on the pre-cruise planner, what is showing up for the "in room bar set up" says it is $100/day/pp. That isn't right. It must be another snafu in the new website. You should call them to order your bar set up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi

I've ordered the classic stateroom bar set up and at checkout I was only charged £61.60 (English pounds) so fingers crossed that's all I will pay!

Kim

We've ordered a bottle of Crown Royal several times. $95 total & included a bottle of Crown (6 cans of ginger ale & a good sized box of very good mixed nuts. Plenty for husband to have a drink or two on balcony. I opted to sip my wine (from the 2 750ml bottles we bring on board)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just looked on the pre-cruise planner, what is showing up for the "in room bar set up" says it is $100/day/pp. That isn't right. It must be another snafu in the new website. You should call them to order your bar set up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Maven3. I couldn't believe $100 a day. With HAL I think we paid about $49 for a bottle of Sapphire Bombay gin. If they're going to charge us $100 then I think I can manage a few trips to the nearest bar as part of the Classic package.

Hi

I've ordered the classic stateroom bar set up and at checkout I was only charged £61.60 (English pounds) so fingers crossed that's all I will pay!

Kim

Hi Funnybunny70. What did you get for that cost? We usually take our own Schweppes tonic on board with us and top up in each port and so normally we would just have a bottle of spirits delivered.

We've ordered a bottle of Crown Royal several times. $95 total & included a bottle of Crown (6 cans of ginger ale & a good sized box of very good mixed nuts. Plenty for husband to have a drink or two on balcony. I opted to sip my wine (from the 2 750ml bottles we bring on board)

Hi awhfy. Taking the extras into consideration, that price isn't bad. I guess I'll go onto the website and see what the choices are.

Hi Funnybunny70. What did you get for that cost? We usually take our own Schweppes tonic on board with us and top up in each port and so normally we would just have a bottle of spirits delivered.

Hi we haven't been yet but as I understand we will get the bottle of Kailua with mixes of my choice etc. We also have the classic wine package ( omg we sound like big drinkers lol) .