Ventura balcony cabin for 3 adults

Babyeddiedog

We would like to take my mum on her first ever taster cruise on Ventura. We'd have to book a saver balcony and I'm a little in the dark about where the third bed comes from. I've looked at images and I can't see a drop down bed in the wall. Does anyone have any experience of 3 adults in this type of cabin? Would be likely be allocated a room with a sofa bed?

Many thanks

We had a balcony for 3 on Ventura and there were twin beds at ground level and a third bed that came down from the side wall (the partition between the room and the open plan Wardrope / bathroom. The cabin was absolutely fine for 3 people and felt quite spacious.

The person using the upper bed had to be able to climb up there (husband nominated).

This room layout meant there was a private area in the space between the wardrope and the bathroom for mum to get changed in etc (as the bathrooms are always pretty small)

We could not get a saver fare as we had to pick a balcony cabin that was suitable for 3 people but P&O policy may have changed on this.

That's so kind of you thanks. Unfortunately, my father died recently so we want to treat mum as a suprise. The changing space was exactly what we were worried about, so I think we'll go for it now.

First of all, sorry to hear of your loss - what a lovely thought to take your mum on this cruise. :)

If you can afford a little more it may be worth looking at one of the superior deluxe cabins on deck D. We have just had one of these and there were almost 2 different areas. The area with the bed had its own TV and then the sitting room area had a bed settee and another TV. It would be ideal for 3 adults. Just a thought.

If you can't afford the upgrade then no worries - am sure that you will have a great time.

Sometimes the third bed comes out of the ceiling in a standard balcony cabin. The double usually has to be twins when a third bed is in use. However as has been suggested the Deluxe Balcony have a floor based sofa bed which is significantly better as nobody goes up a ladder to sleep.

Regards John

First of all, sorry to hear of your loss - what a lovely thought to take your mum on this cruise. :)

If you can afford a little more it may be worth looking at one of the superior deluxe cabins on deck D. We have just had one of these and there were almost 2 different areas. The area with the bed had its own TV and then the sitting room area had a bed settee and another TV. It would be ideal for 3 adults. Just a thought.

If you can't afford the upgrade then no worries - am sure that you will have a great time.

Thanks so much for the recommendation, unfortunately all my travelling back and forth has depleted our savings so we'll have to start saving to take her again (if she likes it, which I'm sure she will)

Edited by Babyeddiedog
adding

Thanks so much for the recommendation, unfortunately all my travelling back and forth has depleted our savings so we'll have to start saving to take her again (if she likes it, which I'm sure she will)

Something for the future then perhaps :-)

Have a great cruise

I am sure your mum will love it and it will be a nice break for you all after your sad loss. That is exactly the same reason we started to take my mum with us and she got hooked on cruising and enjoyed it for many years.

We have had various triple cabins on a number of ships when we took my mum with us and I would add that they are rarely set up for 3 people when you arrive eg extra towels, tea cups, tumblers etc but a quick word with the steward and they will bring the additional bits and pieces.

As John said in his reply above the lower beds have to be made up as twins so that there is room for the ladder up to the top bed (and for safety). The top bed is very comfortable and certainly big and solid enough for a large man.

I think it sensible to point out that the third bed emerging from it's concealed location is not any passengers' responsibility. The Cabin Steward will set up the bed in the evening, usually coordinating this with your dinner sitting times and stow it neatly away around breakfast time. If you are diligent with your "do no disturb/please make up my room" sign life will be incredibly easy. Steward makes beds and sorts cabins out at least twice a day.

Regards John

That's so kind of you thanks. Unfortunately, my father died recently so we want to treat mum as a suprise. The changing space was exactly what we were worried about, so I think we'll go for it now.

We brought my mother in law on a few cruises and the last was her 90th birthday on Ventura.

We got a Superior deluxe balcony cabin which was brilliant.

The sofa bed was laid out at night as a bed and there is an area where you hang your clothes which where you can change in private.

As well as getting a discount for third person there was 2 TVs a bottle of champagne and box of chocolates in the cabin.

IMO this room was perfect for 3 people.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

My mum and eldest son, 20, and I stayed in a superior deluxe cabin on Ventura and it was perfect for our differing needs. The large soda was lovely to sit on during the day and the balcony was spacious too. At the time of booking (December for an early April cruise) the difference in cost between our cabin and an ordinary balcony cabin was negligible.

We loved having all the cabin space!

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide