Canceling Faster to the Fun

cfr70

Are you able to cancel FTTF for a refund before sailing? I looked on the website in my Cruise Manager and there's nowhere to click to refund it, but I can do it if I wanted with my Cheers package purchased.

This whole headache with my account not updating to show FTTF on my Boarding Pass and Luggage Tags after 2 months is just not worth the hassle so I just want to cancel and be done with it and just use that $60 for other stuff.

It should be listed in your booking under "My Activities". There is where your excursions (which FTTF is considered) appear and where you can edit/remove/cancel them.

If FTTF doesn't appear there (which is sounds like it doesn't if your boarding pass and luggage tags aren't properly reflecting it and you've tried unsuccessfully to get it corrected) you will need to call to cancel it.

If it does appear there, there is the option to cancel online. On the My Activities page of your Cruise Manager, choose "Edit This Order" listed by the FTTF excursion, the click the red x cancel button.

I am sorry you are having these problems.

I went in under "My Cruises" and clicked on the tab "My Billing". That brings up a list of things you have bought pre-cruise. Then under FTTF it has an edit button. I didn't click on that but I assume you can cancel from there.

Good luck!

I am sorry you are having these problems.

I went in under "My Cruises" and clicked on the tab "My Billing". That brings up a list of things you have bought pre-cruise. Then under FTTF it has an edit button. I didn't click on that but I assume you can cancel from there.

Good luck!

I forgot I left this post earlier. It's been a nightmare the last few hours dealing with this. There is no edit button for me to click on like there is on my Cheers package. I managed to contact Carnival and after a lot of frustrating back and forth, they finally admit that my FTTF (which was bought 2 months ago) wasn't even in their system to begin with!! Gah.

They admit they couldn't even cancel for a refund because there's actually no record of it existing in the first place! So WHY the heck were they appeasing me for the last 3 weeks saying they're "working on updating my boarding pass and luggage tags" when in fact no one was doing ANYTHING because my FTTF didn't even exist on their end?!

What they now requested this afternoon was my e mail confirmation of purchase (which thank God I saved), plus the last 4 digits of my debit card used, PLUS a screen shot of my bank statement showing proof that I purchased it.

It's now become a chicken or egg thing where they have to find out IF the FTTF purchase actually exists before cancelling and refunding it. Wow.

To say this has been frustrating is an understatement. After sending them all that proof, they wrote back to wait another "couple of days" while they try and FIND the FTTF purchase in their system.

You know, i'm perfectly fine and understanding with glitches...it happens. But for the past 3 weeks, they've apparently been lying just to appease and shut me up about this whole thing. It leaves a really bad taste and reflection on Carnival with me. Had they originally said, "Hey, we don't see you bought FTTF, can you send us the documentation of purchase?", I would've gladly supplied it without fuss.

But to continually be evasive and lie that it's being taken care of when in fact it's not, is just wrong. Sorry to vent all this out, but i'm extremely dissappointed with how this was handled. :(

Holy smokes! What a mess. I would be livid.

I am and it's not even about the original mistake because I understand crap happens. But I have been asking for help on this issue since late August, wondering why my boarding pass and luggage tag wasn't showing FTTF, and they kept on replying "they're working on it" or "just wait a few more days".

And another week would go by and i'd contact them asking what's the current status only to get the same evasive run around and told to wait again like a child.

Only now, over a month later because I continued to hound them, did they finally admit the FTTF never existed on their end in the first place. It's that month of appeasing me with lies that makes me feel this is how Carnival feels about their passengers. :(

When they finally do find it and say it's fixed and if I want to keep it, i'm still canceling it on principle now.

I am and it's not even about the original mistake because I understand crap happens. But I have been asking for help on this issue since late August, wondering why my boarding pass and luggage tag wasn't showing FTTF, and they kept on replying "they're working on it" or "just wait a few more days".

And another week would go by and i'd contact them asking what's the current status only to get the same evasive run around and told to wait again like a child.

Only now, over a month later because I continued to hound them, did they finally admit the FTTF never existed on their end in the first place. It's that month of appeasing me with lies that makes me feel this is how Carnival feels about their passengers. :(

When they finally do find it and say it's fixed and if I want to keep it, i'm still canceling it on principle now.

They should give it to you for free.

They should give it to you for free.

They should, but they won't. The person i've been dealing with is not a very nice person and i've been extra careful not to tick her off any further. I just want it resolved at this point so I don't have to correspond with her ever again in this lifetime.

Hey FBW, what's the Carnival email that people use when they have a really sticky problem or complaint like cfr70? I've "heard" it can be very useful in breaking logjams like this.

I could use that e mail too!

I forgot I left this post earlier. It's been a nightmare the last few hours dealing with this. There is no edit button for me to click on like there is on my Cheers package. I managed to contact Carnival and after a lot of frustrating back and forth, they finally admit that my FTTF (which was bought 2 months ago) wasn't even in their system to begin with!! Gah.

They admit they couldn't even cancel for a refund because there's actually no record of it existing in the first place! So WHY the heck were they appeasing me for the last 3 weeks saying they're "working on updating my boarding pass and luggage tags" when in fact no one was doing ANYTHING because my FTTF didn't even exist on their end?!

What they now requested this afternoon was my e mail confirmation of purchase (which thank God I saved), plus the last 4 digits of my debit card used, PLUS a screen shot of my bank statement showing proof that I purchased it.

It's now become a chicken or egg thing where they have to find out IF the FTTF purchase actually exists before cancelling and refunding it. Wow.

To say this has been frustrating is an understatement. After sending them all that proof, they wrote back to wait another "couple of days" while they try and FIND the FTTF purchase in their system.

You know, i'm perfectly fine and understanding with glitches...it happens. But for the past 3 weeks, they've apparently been lying just to appease and shut me up about this whole thing. It leaves a really bad taste and reflection on Carnival with me. Had they originally said, "Hey, we don't see you bought FTTF, can you send us the documentation of purchase?", I would've gladly supplied it without fuss.

But to continually be evasive and lie that it's being taken care of when in fact it's not, is just wrong. Sorry to vent all this out, but i'm extremely dissappointed with how this was handled. :(

Not to be overly simplistic about this but...were you actually charged for it (saw where the charge was processed) and if so, did you get a confirmation email?

Hope that’s the right one. I still think they should give it to you for free! Come cruise with me. I’m Platinum and can save you the $$ [emoji3].

Haha thanks. At the rate i'm going with Carnival, I doubt i'll ever reach Platinum. They're in the dog house with me at the moment.

Not to be overly simplistic about this but...were you actually charged for it (saw where the charge was processed) and if so, did you get a confirmation email?

Yes, have the confirmation e mail and was charged to my debit card for it. Carnival however STILL doesn't have record in their system of the charge/purchase. That's why they asked today fro my bank statement, last 4 digits of my debit card and e mail confirmation which I all forwarded to them....and i'm still told to "wait a couple days" while they try to find it. I'll be all grey on my head by sailing day!:eek:

BTW, that is the correct e mail address (iCare@Carnival.com). I just contacted them to ensure this situation gets resolved correctly and through the proper channels and received an automated reply: (hope it helps). Thanks!! :

Greetings from Carnival Cruise Line!

Thank you for writing us. We sincerely appreciate your business and the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Depending on the nature of your request, and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my team will be in touch with you within the next seven days.

If you have an urgent matter which requires immediate assistance, please call (800) 929-6400.

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon.

Sincerely,

Guest Care

BTW, that is the correct e mail address (iCare@Carnival.com). I just contacted them to ensure this situation gets resolved correctly and through the proper channels and received an automated reply: (hope it helps). Thanks!! :

Greetings from Carnival Cruise Line!

Thank you for writing us. We sincerely appreciate your business and the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Depending on the nature of your request, and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my team will be in touch with you within the next seven days.

If you have an urgent matter which requires immediate assistance, please call (800) 929-6400.

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon.

Sincerely,

Guest Care

Oh good! I was hoping that was the right one :D