When does your cruise end?

CruiserByHeart

Locking the bags and putting them out into the hallway is the beginning of the end of the cruise...

Personally my cruise ends as the sound of the last ping rings off and I step into the gangway for the last time. Until that point you've still got a shot at the buffet and a coffee from Café Al Bacio :-)

When's your cruise over?

My cruise is over when I wake up on the last day. I know I still get breakfast etc. But you can tell the crew and staff just want you to get off the ship. Also my cruise does not start until I have all my luggage and am unpacked.

I agree. My cruise does not begin until my luggage is unpacked and stored away. And my cruise ends when I'm going to sleep on the last night. I wish there was some "magic potion" you could take where you would go to sleep on the last night in your bed on the ship and magically wake up the next morning in your own bed at home ;)

I agree. My cruise does not begin until my luggage is unpacked and stored away. And my cruise ends when I'm going to sleep on the last night.

Ooh, just hearing that first ping and receiving that glass of bubbly wine... then you know you're in for a treat ;-) But once in the stateroom and browsing through the paperwork, that's when the cruise starts for me :-)

My cruise starts when the car picks us up to take us to the airport and ends when I get home and see the mountain of laundry I've amassed. How come I can wear the same outfit at home for 2-3 days but I need a new one every day on a cruise? :eek:

I agree. My cruise does not begin until my luggage is unpacked and stored away. And my cruise ends when I'm going to sleep on the last night. I wish there was some "magic potion" you could take where you would go to sleep on the last night in your bed on the ship and magically wake up the next morning in your own bed at home ;)

I have wished for the same thing. That would great.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

I would buy that potion.:D

I think for us the cruise ends when we retire that last night in our cabin. It is all yuck after that.

My cruise is over when I wake up on the last day. I know I still get breakfast etc. But you can tell the crew and staff just want you to get off the ship. Also my cruise does not start until I have all my luggage and am unpacked.

Yep, it's a rude awakening on that last day, when you realize the crew who adored and welcomed you on day 1, want you out of the way, asap. My cruise ends the night before I debark, when we put our luggage out in the hallway.

My cruise starts as soon as I put my foot on the gangway. As for unpacking, I never completely unpack my suitcase, just what I need for a few days at a time. I put my dirty laundry in plastic zip lock bags. When my husband finally empties his suitcase, I stuff the dirty stuff in his so I always have a fresh suitcase. Those are the perks of being the family packer. :evilsmile:

Great post! Know that feeling well.

For us, packing and setting the suitcase out the night before is when reality sets in. Yes, we enjoy a last breakfast before disembarking, and hopefully a final glass of champagne (while taking a picture of our sad faces). However the excitement and enthusiasm is just not there. I always understand having another cruise booked already helps, just a bit...

For our cruise leaving Sunday 9/24, it really "starts" tomorrow with a drive to Los Angeles/Long Beach to stay 1 night on the Queen Mary. Then off to San Pedro four our California Coastal on the Celebrity Infinity!

I agree that the first ping and glass of bubbly is the beginning...everything prior to that is a little stressful for me. The end is sometimes softened by spending an extra day in the disembarkation city. It makes the ensuing chaos of "get off the ship and to the airport" a little less anxiety producing....at least for me it does. One of my favorite household chores is laundry so I actually do not mind that task upon returning home...going through the mail and credit card charges on the other hand...blech!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The “cruise vacation” begins for me when I leave for the airport the day before the cruise. For my DW it is when we are unpacked.

The vacation ends when I go to bed on the last night. I definitely dislike the last morning of the cruise. When available the Luggage Valet Service helps a lot. Also having a little later flight helps. It seems like the return home portion of any trip is not really enjoyable.

The cruise ends when I enter the car that takes me away from the cruise harbour. The vacation ends when Im standing and waiting for the luggage at the airport back in my home country.. Then the blues sets in for a short while, before the planning for a new vacation starts.

We often try to extend our cruise to the very last minute. And this includes making the last day and final morning a decent experience. We generally pack late on the last afternoon (around the time we are getting ready for dinner) and this is a fast exercise since we simply throw everything into our luggage (it will all be laundered when we get home) unless we are continuing our trip (such as an extended driving trip in Europe). But its that last morning that is the challenge. We try to avoid early flights so we can enjoy that last morning...which has become somewhat of an art. We will then go to breakfast towards the end of the breakfast time...so as to avoid all the early crowds. After a leisurely breakfast we stroll back to our cabin to grab our carry-off luggage. We then usually head for the pool deck where we find some comfy loungers and relax with our Kindles until at least 9:30. We will usually go into the Lido for some more coffee/tea....and if we happen to spot an open bar we might enjoy a Bloody Mary or Mimosa. Sometime after 9:30, when nearly all have left the ship...we leave the ship With this disembarkation routine we avoid the crowds, lines, angry folks fighting to get off the ship ASAP, etc.

I should add that we also try to extend our cruises by turning the embarkation day into something similar to a day at sea. We try to board as soon as possible (we get priority boarding on several lines....which is a big help). Once aboard, if there is a lunch option other then the oft crowded Lido....we partake and enjoy a slow lunch. Then we head to our cabin and change into swim wear (weather permitting) and head to the pool deck where we relax in a lounger (with our Kindles) and have fun reading and People Watching. In fact, People Watching is often a real highlight on embarkation days as its interesting to see how folks act, and what they wear, on that first afternoon. About a half hour before the boat drill we will then head to our cabin (if our luggage has arrived we begin to unpack) to get ready for the normal routine. After the boat drill we usually go back to the cabin, shower and dress for the evening, and then its "cocktail time" until we decide to go to dinner (we dine late).

Hank

I just shared this thread with DH....we got off our cruise September 4 and I asked him when the cruise ended for him. He informed me he was still on it.:rolleyes:

I would say the last bong on the way off the ship....next cruise we have booked is over a year away...sigh....