Question about Category: W Suite - Guaranteed

Muushka

We have a cruise booked for Nov 26, 2017. I see that they are offering guaranteed suite cabins.

Here are the prices of the cabins:

S2 $2949

S1 $3144

Category W $3534

CS $4909

RS $6574

PS $10104

If I understand W category, if you book one of these cabins you could get any suite, from a S2 to who knows what.

My question is, why would I pay $3534 for a W if I could end up with a much less expensive S2?

Or is the W for CS and above?

We are currently booked in an S2 (which we booked for right around that price), just curious. Thanks!

The W could be anything from a S2 up. Your chances of anything higher are always a gamble. Even if a reliable deck plan shows all S2's booked someone else might try the W guarantee and move up leaving you in their empty cabin. If you are happy with your cabin don't take the bait.

It's a roll of the dice. Are there S1 available, how about CS. The one time we have done a Suite Guarantee there were 3 S2s available & we were 3 couples traveling together; we all upgraded to the guarantee and in less than an hour we were assigned to the 3 available S2 cabins.

There is a chance that you could change to the guarantee and be assigned to the cabin you had but now you paid more; or you could get lucky and end up in a CS. Are you a gambler??

Very odd that the guarantee is priced higher than the S2's and S1's - probably a glitch in the program Celebrity uses for setting pricing. Would be beyond foolish to opt for the guarantee with the pricing you posted.

Thanks everyone. I think I figured it out.

I didn't use Celebrity to do the pricing (I NEVER do, too cumbersome). The site I used took into consideration my residence and age and automatically took the reduction. But the W doesn't take that into consideration. So if you remove those discounts, the W is actually a little less than the S2.

On X website, the W is cheaper than the others, which does make sense. Next time I'll check X before I post! Sorry.

PS Yes jelayne, all of those cabins I listed prices for are available.