Itinerary Change

Bornbeau

Just got an email that we will not be going to St Marten on our 14 day cruise leaving Miami on Nov 26. We will be tendered at St Kitts instead.

You're best posting this on your roll call to ensure others on your sailing have received the notification.

Many of us are receiving similar emails from X confirming changes in itinerary for our particular sailings ;).

I suspect even our Jan 14 sailing will have a couple of diversions. The overnight in PR will have to be changed. Probably SXM too. I'd love to be able to go just to patronize the economy. RCI did set up a relief fund on its website. I used that.

bornbeau, were you able to click through to acknowledge the email? I tried but I got this message:

We appreciate your response, but the message has expired.

I got also the same message when I replied. Just more bumbling by Celebrity. Thank goodness their on board experience is not governed by their IT department!

Got emails from Celebrity, my TA and the changes are also posted on Celebrity's website.

Really don't mean anything as no one really knows at the present time what will be available in the Caribbean. It is all speculation.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Just received 2nd revision in 2 days to our cruise itinerary.....with St Croix replacing Punta Cana as our last port on 11/17 Reflection sailing. I understood St Croix was heavily damaged. Wonder if that will be changed again. Must be a nightmare in the scheduling dept trying to manage all the changes to destinations.

bornbeau, were you able to click through to acknowledge the email? I tried but I got this message:

We appreciate your response, but the message has expired.

Same here, message has expired 5.pm Sunday evening, also received the message on my home phone.

luvstosail

Boston Ma

who knows? The crack IT team at Celebrity is at it again.

Really, next year they should try hiring eighth graders instead of the seventh graders they now have on the IT team. Maybe a bit more programming experience would help.

How dare you insult the seventh graders....:')

St. Kitts is a great replacement port!

Basse-Terre, St. Kitts

We hired Thenford Grey himself for this "Island Tour". As of January 2015, the cost was $48 per person and ran from 8:00am until about 2:00 pm with beach time available at Cockleshell Beach at the end of the tour. Thenford first took us through the historic city of Basseterre which was founded in 1625 by French settlers. After the city highlights we stopped at the ruins of an old sugar cane processing factory and Romney Manor-Caribelle Batik which was once owned by Captain Samuel Jefferson, the great, great, great grandfather of Thomas Jefferson. The Plantation House which sits amidst 25 acres of lush tropical gardens, is now a batik factory and store. The gardens feature a large collection of exotic plants, palms and trees from all over the world. We saw numerous green tailed monkeys in the short drive between the ruin and the Manor. We then spent an hour at Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park which sets atop a volcanic cone that is 800 feet high and offers 360-degree panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and neighboring islands. Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park is a World Heritage Site. (The $8.00 entrance fee was included). The Fortress is indeed impressive. I could have easily spent 4 hours exploring this impressive site. A lot of monkeys make their home in the vegetation surrounding the fort. Thenford shared a lot of local history with us as we explored the island. We also saw a live cockfight (two roosters going at each other) in the middle of the street. Our last stop was Cockleshell Beach where we had an opportunity to swim, collect shells, and grab a beer. On the way, we saw wandering goats, cows, and more monkeys. Recommended!

stkitts.jpg

On our second tip we wanted to spend a lot more time at the Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park so we arranged with Thenford Grey to be dropped off early and then join his regular tour when they arrived at the fortress prior to continuing on to South Friar's Beach. We spent 3 hours exploring the fort and outlying structures. Hint: bring a flashlight to explore dark passages. Next to the fort is a tall grassy mound called Monkey Hill (aka Fort Charlotte). A worker had recently cut a 6-foot wide access path to the top of the hill which offers nice views. About 75% to the top is a side path that will take you to a recently rediscovered 15x20 foot (my estimate) stone out-building, with openings for 3 cannon, that was hidden under vegetation. It also offered views of the fort and the steep gorge behind it. After we left the fortress, we visited an overlook where you could see the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean on either side of a thin stretch of the island. The bodies of water could not have been separated by more than a quarter-mile. We the got dropped off at South Friar's Beach which offers an active bar and grill with lots of shade and picnic-style seating, restrooms, an outdoor shower, changing rooms, a nice beach with black and beige sands, a protected swim area and some snorkeling opportunities. We saw over a dozen different types of fish along the manmade reef and lots of sea urchins (some close to a foot in diameter).

More "Secrets of the Caribbean": http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

First-hand information on excursions we've taken in 26 Caribbean ports. With photos!

Just got an email that we will not be going to St Marten on our 14 day cruise leaving Miami on Nov 26. We will be tendered at St Kitts instead.

Did your email say it was a tender port? When we were there last time, we docked. I wonder how crowded it will be.