100% Itinerary Change

Sandy1975

My November eastern caribbean cruise has a revised schedule and all 3 ports have been changed. These are ports I would not choose if I had the choice. Insurance may have covered this but I don't have it so I need to know what other options I may have besides losing 50% of my deposit.

Has anyone experience something like this before and what happened in your situation? Thanks

Insurance probably would not have covered it. The terms and conditions of the cruise contract state that the cruise line can change ports at any time. Sometimes they have to because of a strike, or construction at a pier, or in this case, extreme weather. You probably would not have been able to file an insurance claim based on a re-arranged itinerary.

That is unfortunate, to say the least. Your original cruise were the most devastated. ....Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and St. Maartin. I know that on the news this morning, Puerto Rico is evacuating a whole town of people due to a possible Dam getting ready to flood the town. What hell everyone must be going through. :(:(:( We are luckily doing the Southern Caribbean in a few days and only one of our itineraries was changed (Key West). Good luck to you and I hope you will enjoy your cruise regardless of the Islands.

My November eastern caribbean cruise has a revised schedule and all 3 ports have been changed. These are ports I would not choose if I had the choice. Insurance may have covered this but I don't have it so I need to know what other options I may have besides losing 50% of my deposit.

Has anyone experience something like this before and what happened in your situation? Thanks

Call the cruise line . They might be able to change your cruise for you. With all changes they might actually give

you Future Cruise Credit if you want to cancel.

Looks nice but if OP arrives at 3:30, and has to tender plus get to that place...probably not worth it..

.Celeb doing its best but late arrivals are usually useless. The sunset watching is a decent idea

On our Jan cruise, we have 4 ports and 4 sea days. Most should be okay. If they keep San Martin..that will be a 5th sea day for us,..final payment is in Nov...wish we could know before that.

Looks nice but if OP arrives at 3:30, and has to tender plus get to that place...probably not worth it...Celeb doing its best but those late arrivals are fairly useless...

Maybe just tender off and give it a look see...esp if never been thete before.

On our Jan cruise, we have 4 ports and 4 sea days. Most should be okay. If they keep San Martin..that will be a 5th sea day for us,..final payment is in Nov...wish we could know before that.

Ugh...did not realize they were arriving so late. That stinks!!!

Can I ask which ports have been replaced and where you are now going instead ,

Original was Puerto Rico, St Martin and St Thomas. Now it is Punta Cana, St Kitts and St John Antigua.

After Irma, I knew St Thomas and St Martin were going to be changed but even after report from Puerto Rico I had hopes for it since we dont sail until late November. We are bringing my MIL and it will be her first cruise and she was really looking forward to PR.

I guess it is the replacement for PR that is really disappointing.

Since the time I posted this, I had time to think and I know we will make the best out of this. Two of the 3 ports are beautiful and we will have plenty of time to explore. Punta Cana day, we may just stay on the ship if there isnt much at the port.

One of my ports is Punta Cana, tender port. We arrive there at 330. I will probably call it a sea day.

Check again. This morning we were advised we had Punta Cana on our December Equinox cruise, just changed to St.Croix at 7:00 p.m. this evening.

My guess is that it will not be the last change.

Check again. This morning we were advised we had Punta Cana on our December Equinox cruise, just changed to St.Croix at 7:00 p.m. this evening.

My guess is that it will not be the last change.

I actually saw someone posting about the cgange you mentioned (maybe it was you?) And that made me check. Our Punta Cana port was changed back to Puerto Rico

in a past comment, someone mentioned that RCCL was offering OBC to compensate for the changes. I was speaking with Celebrity today and the agent said that was not true. Does anyone have firm information about this as the agent said that it was unlikely the parent company would do it for one cruise line and not all.

May i ask what cruise line...i am on ncl gem in november out of new york.....havent hear anything yet....pretty much was going to the same islands

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Lorrie you might want to go to the NCL threads on CC. You'll get much more info on that site than this one. Good luck with your cruise.