Elation/Conquest Dry Dock

DebOinKC

So John Heald posted that the Elation dry dock has been delayed due to the hurricanes. So I just wonder what this will do for the Conquest dry dock that was supposed to start 9/30.

We are sailing on the 10/22 Conquest sailing and didn't know what Carnival will do.

I'm on the Conquest's Halloween sailing and was wondering about this too. John Heald likes to post about the dry docks, so I imagine he'll be saying something after the 1st about what's happening with the Conquest. The Conquest is my favorite ship, and if it gets the Serenity Deck, it will be an even greater favorite. I think this is why they don't publicize too expansively what they intend to do during a dry dock--stuff happens and they might not be able to get to everything. And then, people who booked for the sake of the upgrades might be disappointed.

They could always start the Conquest dry dock as a wet dock until the Elation has been finished and moved out of the dry dock. They can still get a load of stuff done in wet dock, but obviously not the 'stuff' that happens below the waterline, ie, painting the hull etc.

We're on the Conquest after Thanksgiving.

We're hoping that millions of people in the Caribbean have their lives back together--hopefully families together, houses intact.

We're not worried about Guy's burgers or tacos--those things are kinda irrelevant right now.

I'm on the 10/14 sailing. Since all they were adding was a Serenity, I won't be too mad if they cancel the drydock. However if they switch us to a ship without 2.0 upgrades, I'm gonna be pissed. Mama needs her guy burgers and tacos.

That's what happen to us. Elation to the Fascination. I'm cruising with my BFF and we get $50 OBC per cabin. $25 each, if we voice our anger at no 2.0 ship, we're told be happy you're cruising, your OBC is more than enough, give your OBC to San Juan to rebuild. Sooooo [emoji87] We booked because of the 2.0 upgrades. Looks like carnival would give you a choice of rebooking. And yes I know carnival has no control over the weather and that's what you get booking during hurricane season. We've been reminded daily.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by volmoma

This shipyard in Freeport has 3 dry docks. I'm sure the Conquest will go in and be out on time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Talked to my PVP today, he said the same thing. I thought maybe they only had one, and if one was backed up it would snowball from there and the next one would be delayed too. He said the delay for the other ship would not impact ours as they have multiple dry docks to use. The only reason the Elation was delayed is because it actually had to leave and sail out to sea to avoid the hurricane and then come back.

Not much they can do about this.

• 3 weeks later...