Phone Shooters Rejoice(ish)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Photo & Camera Discussions

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:45 AM.
Southern California
7,789 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
BlackRapid has a new item to help keep phone shooters from fumbling their phones to an untimely death on an unforgiving sidewalk or over the rail into the briny deep.

Not the Ultimate Answer To Life, The Universe, And Everything*, but a pretty good idea.

BlackRapid WandeR: http://www.blackrapid.com/Wander-Bundle

Dave

* It's Forty-two, BTW.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston

A cruise ship is my favorite camera accessory!
Boca Raton, Florida
2,317 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Now if only they could come up with something to prevent phone photographers from holding their big fat glowing screens up in the air in my line of sight when I'm trying to see a show! Maybe a little remote screen viewing monocle.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My photo gallery: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Southern California
7,789 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by zackiedawg
Now if only they could come up with something to prevent phone photographers from holding their big fat glowing screens up in the air in my line of sight when I'm trying to see a show! Maybe a little remote screen viewing monocle.
They already do. Poke the back of their knee with a monopod and the view is magically cleared!

Dave
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston

A cruise ship is my favorite camera accessory!
17,113 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by zackiedawg
Why? So you can stick your big camera up and do the same thing?
Mesa, AZ
2,191 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by pierces
They already do. Poke the back of their knee with a monopod and the view is magically cleared!

Dave
That's why I never stand with locked knees...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mesa, AZ
2,191 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Could have used this this past weekend - did that Patriot Fast Boat San Diego Harbor Tour and had a death grip on my phone...

But got some great pics and video!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature