Drop in Cruise Demand?

bala1130

With damage to so many port, what are your thoughts on people canceling cruises over the next 6 months and deciding not to cruise? Anyone considering canceling?

We will know soon enough if prices start dropping.

No. Not cancelling in our house.

Yep, right there with ya! Tom and I are going to enjoy that big beautiful ship with our kids, so it doesn't matter to us where we end up!!:cool: Plan to keep cruising as long as we are able!!:o Make sure you bring her back to port for us to get on Andrew!!:*

I have a feeling the Southern Caribbean cruises will go up in prices that are not using SJ to embark. Miami's 9 day Navigator sail dates are going up in price fast. I don't see decreases unless the cruise was to St Marteen & San Juan.

Booked our 9 night Navigator cruise out of Miami to the ABC's in March, 2018 months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: Sure paid for us to book early this time!!!!;p

I think demand for future cruises will flag until status of ports are open and doing business and also people impacted by storms dealing with repairs, deductibles, rising insurance premiums will cause some to reconsider future plans.

I have 5 bookings over the next 14 months and am only considering cancelation on one

Anthem, these are our ports for March 2019. Any idea if RCCL will waive the $100 per person change fee considering most of the ports are pretty damaged and even with over 500 days before we sale may not be up to par.

We went to Alaska this past May and really loved it, thinking of going back in 2019. If we have a year like this year next year with more hurricanes might be best now to plan for Alaska again. Any idea when those sailing dates will be out for Alaska 2019?

Sun

03/03

Cape Liberty - New Jersey

(Depart 03:00 PM)

Mon

03/04

Cruising

Tue

03/05

Cruising

Wed

03/06

San Juan - Puerto Rico

(03:00 PM - 11:00 PM)

Thu

03/07

Philipsburg - St. Maarten

(10:30 AM - 07:00 PM)

Fri

03/08

St. Johns - Antigua

(07:00 AM - 05:00 PM)

Sat

03/09

Castries - St. Lucia

(07:00 AM - 06:00 PM)

Sun

03/10

Bridgetown - Barbados

(07:00 AM - 04:00 PM)

Mon

03/11

Basseterre - St Kitts & Nevis

(10:00 AM - 06:00 PM)

Tue

03/12

Cruising

Wed

03/13

Cruising

Thu

03/14

Cruising

Fri

03/15

(Arrive 06:00

Anthem, these are our ports for March 2019. Any idea if RCCL will waive the $100 per person change fee considering most of the ports are pretty damaged and even with over 500 days before we sale may not be up to par.

We went to Alaska this past May and really loved it, thinking of going back in 2019. If we have a year like this year next year with more hurricanes might be best now to plan for Alaska again. Any idea when those sailing dates will be out for Alaska 2019?

Sun

03/03

(Depart 03:00 PM)

Mon

03/04

Cruising

Tue

03/05

Cruising

Wed

03/06

San Juan - Puerto Rico

(03:00 PM - 11:00 PM)

Thu

03/07

Philipsburg - St. Maarten

(10:30 AM - 07:00 PM)

Fri

03/08

St. Johns - Antigua

(07:00 AM - 05:00 PM)

Sat

03/09

Castries - St. Lucia

(07:00 AM - 06:00 PM)

Sun

03/10

Bridgetown - Barbados

(07:00 AM - 04:00 PM)

Mon

03/11

Basseterre - St Kitts & Nevis

(10:00 AM - 06:00 PM)

Tue

03/12

Cruising

Wed

03/13

Cruising

Thu

03/14

Cruising

Fri

03/15

(Arrive 06:00

Four of your six ports are open now. St. Maarten may not be a destination even by March, 2019, for your cruise. Probably San Juan will be up in a few months.

But you are way outside of final - is there a non-refundable deposit on your fare?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forums mobile app

Four of your six ports are open now. St. Maarten may not be a destination even by March, 2019, for your cruise. Probably San Juan will be up in a few months.

But you are way outside of final - is there a non-refundable deposit on your fare?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forums mobile app

Yes we booked the Deposit Non Refundable rate. So I think the current cost to change the cruise is $100 per person?

Yes we booked the Deposit Non Refundable rate. So I think the current cost to change the cruise is $100 per person?

I believe so.

I had a cruise booked under old refundable rules and when I called to make final payment (like 5 days before deadline) I switched it to the non refundable deposit for an even lower rate. Worth a try in the future