What do you do for dinner the first night back home?

Roadtripster

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh yes, always makes it more real that the cruise is coming! I'll usually the night before, but I'll start making my list and putting things together the week before. I'll also charge all electronics the day before and download and UV movies to watch on the way down.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

The day before leaving home, I buy a frozen dinner (something filling, like Hungry Man) and a tall boy of beer, then leave them waiting in the fridge until I return. In the past, I've been getting home around 7:00 PM. (I eat a big lunch in the airport, to hold me over through the flight to ORD and the last mile). By the time I unpack the suitcase, dump the dirty clothes in the hamper, put away the souvenirs, lock away my passport, and start copying the photos to my computer, it's already getting late.

That's when I heat up the dinner, crack open the beer, and eat my meal while watching TV, as the debarkation vertigo gently sways in my head. Ahh... I miss cruising!:')

After all that great food and service during your cruise, it is a bummer to come home and face reality to have to fix dinner again. That first night, is the pits. Refrigerator is usually empty, snacks all gone, etc...

Do you usually order in, go pick something up, fix a frozen pizza?

I usually make a pasta casserole before I leave and freeze it. Pull it out when we get home and bake along with a loaf of garlic bread. Quick and simple.

We go out for pizza

• 1 month later...