Cruise lines for single travelers

3red7s

Hello folks...My hubby & I are planning a cruise to Europe, using any of the major cruise ocean lines. (no river cruises) Other than NCL, what other lines offer smaller rooms & discounted prices for a single traveler, as we would like to take my sister. thank you

If I were you, I would look at solo pricing for regular cabins, rather than limiting yourself to lines with so-called singles rooms. I would not enjoy a European cruise if I had to spend 1-2 wks. in a room the size of a tunafish can.

Roz

While a small cabin wouldn't bother me in the least (especially on a port intensive itinerary like Europe), I do encourage you to look at lines that don't have 'solo' cabins but that might offer cabins at a less than 200% solo supplement, as you'll likely have more to choose from. (The price often ends up being about the same as what is charged for a solo cabin.) A good travel agent can help you track down the deals.

I agree with the TA suggestion (unless you enjoy doing all the research yourself:)).......I would also look at more than just

"small cabins". I always cruise solo and prefer a regular size cabin.........I know there are some cabins for solos on a couple

of the Royal Caribbean ships if that is the way you are choosing to go.........not sure if those particular ships go to Europe.

That is why a TA is good........a good one can help with itinerary and ship information.

Based only on "Europe" and "cheap", I've gotten some excellent prices in the Mediterranean on Costa, and I believe MSC's prices are competitive. Most travel agents in the US are completely ignorant of these two lines.

Based only on "Europe" and "cheap", I've gotten some excellent prices in the Mediterranean on Costa, and I believe MSC's prices are competitive. Most travel agents in the US are completely ignorant of these two lines.

Really? A travel agent who specializes in cruises should know about both lines.

You can also look at ships that have larger rooms too.

Carnival for example has some Ocean View rooms that will sleep up to 5 people and have two bathrooms. The price for third and fourth people are a lot less than for the first two people in a room.

What is your total budget for three people?

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger

• 1 month later...
Hello folks...My hubby & I are planning a cruise to Europe' date=' using any of the major cruise ocean lines. (no river cruises) Other than NCL, what other lines offer smaller rooms & discounted prices for a single traveler, as we would like to take my sister. thank you[/quote']

Cunard has retrofitted their ships and now has solo cabins.