Disembarking in Montego Bay

TexSea

Today I received a flight schedule change departing MBJ on the Feb 24, the day we disembark. One schedule on the yourcubacruise.com site says we get into Montego Bay at 8:00 am. Then in another place it says we can disembark after 10:00 am and not to schedule flights for at least six hours after disembarking. And the ride to the airport takes 45 minutes.

Is this accurate? Our new flight leaves at 12:44 pm (two hours earlier than our original flight). I'm pretty sure I can change it but this is a much more convenient connecting flight for us. I've emailed our TA to find out if they have any insight as they organized a tour last year for this cruise.

Thanks for any info.

• 2 weeks later...
Today I received a flight schedule change departing MBJ on the Feb 24, the day we disembark. One schedule on the yourcubacruise.com site says we get into Montego Bay at 8:00 am. Then in another place it says we can disembark after 10:00 am and not to schedule flights for at least six hours after disembarking. And the ride to the airport takes 45 minutes.

Is this accurate? Our new flight leaves at 12:44 pm (two hours earlier than our original flight). I'm pretty sure I can change it but this is a much more convenient connecting flight for us. I've emailed our TA to find out if they have any insight as they organized a tour last year for this cruise.

Thanks for any info.

We had a bunch of folks on the 12:44 flight and they made it just fine. Let the crew know that you need to be off the ship as early as possible. They started disembarking around 9am and we docked at 8am. You'll be fine.

• 8 months later...

We got off the Crystal in Montego Bay 18 Aug 2017. Jamaica is UTC-5 (US Eastern STANDARD Time) year round. Cuba and the ship are on Daylight time (UTC-4) precisely the same period as the US. We were requested to be out of our cabin 8am ship time (which was 7am Jamaica time). Having read the info from Celestyal we had a 2:30 pm Jamaica time flight. Seemed like a bummer until we were told that we could stay on the ship (but not in the cabin) as long as we wanted and have lunch (and dinner) and our beverage package was still valid! Not the usual "hope you had a nice cruise; don't let the door hit you on the way out!" We had a relaxing morning with several drinks, a lunch with quick service at our request, and a declined offer of yet another drink "for the road". A pleasant end to a pleasant and educational cruise.

Thom