Scuba Operators in Nassau, St Thomas, St Kitts

lil93bit

Headed out on the Allure of the Seas and wanting to DIVE! Looking for recommendations for operators (no RCCL excursions please) for 2 divers. We will have all equipment except tanks and weights.

Thanks in Advance.

Dive St Kitts was fantastic and I would highly recommend them. We used Coki Dive Center for shore dives in St Thomas - super nice and a fantastic dive master, we were just wanting a couple of relaxed refresher dives because it had been over 6 months since previous dives so may not be the best for you on St Thomas. We used Bahama Divers in Nassau and they were also fantastic ( 5 divers and 2 dive masters - sites are determined by the weather conditions) - the ship uses Stuart's Cove who gets wonderful reviews but we waited too long to book so the excursion was full; after talking to other divers on our ship we ended up having better dives given the windy rainy conditions the day we were there. We also bring our own gear but all of these operators had newer, well maintained gear.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I can't help with Nassau:

A strong second for the recommendation to Dive St. Kitts. I've dove with them several times. Always great. One thing: they provide pick-up/return transport to the pier. The pick up always seems to be a gong show. That said, it's always worked out in the end. It's probably worth having your paperwork, with the shop number on it. We've had other tour people call the shop to let them know we're there. I can't stress enough how this had NO negative impact on our overall experience. (http://www.divestkitts.com)

St. Thomas I've used Blue Island Divers, and Aquamarine St. Thomas. Both are good. Blue Island's boat picks you up at the pier, and they're better if you want to dive the many wreck sites there. Aquamarine picks you up in a van at the port (actually less walk than to Blue Island's boat). They're around the island a little ways, so they're sites are more the fish and coral sites, no wrecks. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either. (http://www.blueislanddivers.com or http://www.diveaquamarine.com)

Harris

Denver, CO

• 2 weeks later...

We also dive and have the same trip in a few weeks. I have used http://prodiversstkitts.com/ in the past and have booked with them again. I was very happy with them. They will pick you up at the pier and drive you to the shop. We always bring our own gear also. I did book through the ship for Nassau since the port time is so short, but am still planning for St Thomas.

Cindy

Headed out on the Allure of the Seas and wanting to DIVE! Looking for recommendations for operators (no RCCL excursions please) for 2 divers. We will have all equipment except tanks and weights.

Thanks in Advance.

I didn't see this thread for a couple of weeks, but if you want to dive in Nassau, reconsider the avoiding RC excursions, which I normally agree with, but in Nassua RC works nicely with Stuart Cove's and with the short amount of time Allure spends there, it may be worth doing as they work well with the cruiseline's schedule. I enjoyed my dives with them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I believe Stuart Cove's is the only operator on Nassau. They a a good big operation. I dove with them a couple of years ago off of the Oasis of the sea and they did a good job. I was not overly impressed by the dive sites. One was near their shark feeding station and the other was a couple ships they sunk to sort of do some wreck dives. I like Big coral and wall dives so this was a little blah.

Sent from my iPad using Forums