Having to take shower stool

mercury7289

Last week was told that all shower stools on our September cruise were allocated,they suggested we contact mobility at sea.

£5.00 per day and £35.00 delivery 17 night cruise = £120.00

Purchased one locally for £37.00 and are taking it with us.

Intend to attach luggage tickets to it and get it put though the luggage hole with our cases.

Has any one done this ? was it okay?

If you can be disassembled you might be able to pack it a suitcase. Personally never recommend checking any durable medial equipment with the porters as no precaution is taken to avoid damage. It just gets thrown into the luggage bin and other items get loaded on top. Being that you need it would not take the chance of having it damaged by checking it with the porters.

I bought a small stool to take on cruises. We always book a suite for extra room due to my scooter and non-handicap suites have a tub not a shower stall. The shower seats that Carnival has will NOT fit in a tub. My small stool is foldable down to less than 2 inches thick. It fits perfectly in my large suitcase. Mine has aluminum legs and a small triangular seat. Once I climb into the tub I bring the seat in and use the hand held shower head. It has worked perfectly for 3 cruises now. Good luck. A not so ideal solution would be to take showers in the gym. Inconvenient but maybe safer.

Boozebabe

Thank you for that, unfortunately my wife needs a more solid seat, fold ups are not for her.

Have purchased for cruising, a fixed leg aluminium stool with side hand supports. very light, and not to bulky, unless you have your hands full as mine will be.

xxoocruiser

Thank you, in hindsight I think I agree with you.

Having to push a wheelchair, carry suit bags and also shower stool should be fun.

Just ask for wheelchair assistance when you get to the port terminal. The cruise line will provide you with a pusher.

If you pack it in its own suitcase, with nothing else inside (other than other medical equipment or supplies) and label it "Medical Equipment/Supplies", you can check it without an extra charge on the airlines. This works for shower chairs, lifts, etc.