Myanmar - Yangon/Bagan trip

ging466

I'm looking at a cruise on the Wind next March and it has a 2 night stopover in Yangon so would like to see the temples of Bagan.

Does anyone happen to know the cost for the Mid-Voyage Land Adventure: Temples & Pagodas of Bagan.

Cheers

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking at a cruise on the Wind next March and it has a 2 night stopover in Yangon so would like to see the temples of Bagan.

Does anyone happen to know the cost for the Mid-Voyage Land Adventure: Temples & Pagodas of Bagan.

Cheers

Jennifer

Hello ging466

My wife and I have just this week returned from a Singapore-Singapore trip on the Shadow, which included three nights in Yangon.

We took the Temples & Pagodas of Bagan land tour and we felt that it was very good indeed. The cost was UK£679 P/P if I remember correctly.

We left the ship at 4.30am (yes – 4.30 !!) to drive to Yangon airport for the short flight to Bagan.

The group travelled in a coach to see the general area around Bagan and various stops at the viewpoints & temples.

We were taken to a large viewing tower in the grounds of the Hotel Aureum for lunch and amazing views across the 2,000 or so temples. After lunch and check-in the group toured more of the temple sights. A few of us chose to skip this and spent the time in the resort, visiting the tower again, just gazing at the amazing collection of temples before us, as far as the eye can see. We were up there for sunset which was beautiful.

In the evening we came together with another Silversea group, for an outside buffet and a local show. It wasn’t bad at all but as one would expect most people were pretty tired after the early rise.

There was also what was for me the highlight to come the following morning.

There was an option to take a balloon flight over the temples at dawn. The cost was approx. $350 I think and those who signed up left for the launch site at 5.30am.

We took off at dawn, about 12-16 in a balloon basket that was divided into 4 sections, for a flight of 45 minutes.

I think most present felt it was absolutely amazing and certainly for me it is in my top five travel experiences of all time. I believe the company – Ballons Over Bagan – is a UK set up, with either UK pilots or UK trained pilots. We all felt completely safe as it was clear that this was a well run organisation. The views & photos were amazing. If you would like to see more I think they have a decent website.

Following the balloon trip we were taken to meet up with those that didn’t go ballooning for the flight back to Yangon. We were back on the ship for lunch.

Whilst Bagan was great, don’t underestimate Yangon. We really enjoyed our day wandering around here – still relatively untouched by tourism. The Shwedagon Pagode is impressive, particularly at night – don’t miss it.

I hope this quick report helps you make your decision. The total cost for 2 people, including balloon will be around AUD 3,500.

Kind regards

My wife and I have just this week returned from a Singapore-Singapore trip on the Shadow, which included three nights in Yangon.

Hi machotspur

Thankx for giving me all this detail. It sounds really interesting. Glad to hear u enjoyed it so much.

Cheers

Jennifer

Hi, i'm new in this forum and at first i want to excuse with you for my english language but i Would to ask a question to you!!! My wife and i will travel the next 21 dic. From Singapore to Singapore by silver wind... I Would to know something about tour in myanair.. Thanks for your answer

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Forums

• 3 years later...
My husband and I did this land trip in 2016. We loved it. If you are interested here is the link to the entry from my blog for that adventure:

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8069437673492921971#editor/target=post;postID=5568220254093102929;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=78;src=link

That is the link to page where you can edit the page. What is the public link?