Coach connection to Soton

Merry Maid

Can anybody tell me of their experience with the company Cunard uses for connecting with their ships in Soton. I have tried all methods of getting to the port from the north of England, train, driving, flying and National but the best by a country mile was Evesway Travel. Unfortunately they no longer service Cunard vessels and I have read some poor reviews of Cruise Connect. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

MM

We've always used Intercruises and have had no problems. Really not a lot of choice other than to drive, which we've also done. Probably would have done that again for our upcoming cruise but we fly back into Manchester. Looked at trains but don't have a lot of faith in the railway system, especially in January. I'd be worried they would cancel because of snow on the rails!!!

Can anybody tell me of their experience with the company Cunard uses for connecting with their ships in Soton. I have tried all methods of getting to the port from the north of England, train, driving, flying and National but the best by a country mile was Evesway Travel. Unfortunately they no longer service Cunard vessels and I have read some poor reviews of Cruise Connect. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

MM

You can still book with Eavesway Travel independently.

No I don't think you can book Eavesway independently as I tried to last month by contacting them directly by email and was told they no longer do the connection so we are booked with Intercruise for our cruise next July. We have used both in the past to join cruises from the North West. I booked Intercruise via their online booking process.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MM

I think Cunard contracted Cruise Connect to supply the services to Southampton, but I also think they then charter the coaches from other company's. We also have travelled with Eavesway no problems what so ever. I suppose money was involved in the change.:cool:

Just returned from Southampton to Manchester via Flybe for the first time and was very impressed by Southampton airport. I had made a mess of checking in online and the help desk sorted it out and then a nice young lady helped me use the automatic checkin machine. They have basic shops, a coffee bar and sockets where you can charge an iPad and plenty of seats. Also a very clear PA system which gives you a clear warning of when flights are boarding. Checkin took seconds as opposed to Manchester which took 30 minutes when we flew to New York.

Just returned from Southampton to Manchester via Flybe for the first time and was very impressed by Southampton airport. I had made a mess of checking in online and the help desk sorted it out and then a nice young lady helped me use the automatic checkin machine. They have basic shops, a coffee bar and sockets where you can charge an iPad and plenty of seats. Also a very clear PA system which gives you a clear warning of when flights are boarding. Checkin took seconds as opposed to Manchester which took 30 minutes when we flew to New York.

Let's be fair to Manchester Airport, I think they may have a few more passengers than Southampton.:rolleyes:

MM

I use Intercruises to Preston and have had no problems at all ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Eavesway have internet on their coach but Ellisons do not.

This makes a huge difference when faced with a seven hour journey.

Ellisons are used from North Wales and the North West.

If you book a Cunard Fare and choose a coach transfer as your complimentary benefit then you will have no choice but to use Cruise Connect and they do not commission Eavesway.

For the record, Cruise Connect is Intercruises.