Spirit 11/28/18

AtMaui

Tried to book this cruise as a b2b with the 12/11 cruise. When my TA talked with SS, she was told there was an itinerary change but they would not tell her how it changed. She was also told that all cabins are showing as wait listed. But it still shows on the SS web site as open.

Charter?

Jaci

From the website, it appears that the 11/28 is open for bookings but the 12/11 shows all categories are waitlisted. Is your TA confused?

Interestingly, the 12/22 holiday cruise also shows waitlisted in all categories. That means two consecutive cruises, including the generally popular and lucrative holiday cruise.

It's difficult to imagine that any corporation or family would charter a ship like Spirit over the holidays -- unless it's for a very, very large family.

It's a mystery -- at least for the moment.

Edited by Observer

We are booked (and paid in full) for the holiday cruise with the whole family (4 cabins). I cannot believe that it is fully booked, especially after the ship will become much bigger after the shipyard stay in spring next year. Charter? Maybe a itinerary change planned? All we can do now is waiting for more info.

Now when checking their website again, I can see that the christmas cruise will start one day earlier. That will kill our family vacation, as one girl is only 16 and going to school until then. So I will have to cancel all 4 suites. Let's see when and how Silversea will communicate this change to us.

Now when checking their website again, I can see that the christmas cruise will start one day earlier. That will kill our family vacation, as one girl is only 16 and going to school until then. So I will have to cancel all 4 suites. Let's see when and how Silversea will communicate this change to us.

I'm still waiting for official confirmation that my cruise planned for April has been ditched because of the dry dock now planned! I may have all turned out OK, but that doesn't excuse the poor communication, explanation and dare I say it, and official apology.

...I can see that the christmas cruise will start one day earlier. That will kill our family vacation, as one girl is only 16 and going to school until then. So I will have to cancel all 4 suites. Let's see when and how Silversea will communicate this change to us.
Reading this irks me. I find it absolutely unacceptable for the company to change the departure date for your voyage and fail to notify you. I highly recommend you start a topic in Mark Conroy's visit to Cruise Critic on Monday to explain SS's position. Their action at such a late date is totally unfair to you and your family/friends. It seems to me that if passengers are charged 15% of the fare for cancelling a cruise within 91 - 120 days, you should be entitled to some sort of compensation yourself for all of the hassle you're going to endure cancelling flights, paying penalties, etc.

Best wishes to you and please let us know how the situation is ultimately rectified.

Reading this irks me. I find it absolutely unacceptable for the company to change the departure date for your voyage and fail to notify you. I highly recommend you start a topic in Mark Conroy's visit to Cruise Critic on Monday to explain SS's position. Their action at such a late date is totally unfair to you and your family/friends. It seems to me that if passengers are charged 15% of the fare for cancelling a cruise within 91 - 120 days, you should be entitled to some sort of compensation yourself for all of the hassle you're going to endure cancelling flights, paying penalties, etc.

Best wishes to you and please let us know how the situation is ultimately rectified.

I do not think that the change is "at such a late date." I do not want to appear as an apologist for Silversea, but please note that the cruise in question is for December 2018. I don't know any airline that takes reservations (or imposes penalties) more than 12 months out.

As for notification: In other cases with other cruise lines, I have noted that the line notifies the TAs --and generally with a blast email to all TAs with guests on the affected cruise. The delay may be with the TA and not with Silversea.

I think it would be a shame if you had to cancel because of this modest change. I am surprised to infer that your school runs through December 21; our local schools are out earlier. In any case, missing a day or two of school just prior to the holidays should be understood by the authorities.

I do not want to appear as an apologist for Silversea, but please note that the cruise in question is for December 2018.
Oh for Pete's sake. I thought the poster was referring to a voyage THIS Christmas. Total screw up on my part.

I agree with you, there is absolutely nothing wrong with SS changing a voyage departure date that is literally more than 15-months in the future.

Now Silversea has offered to us the cruise SIN to HKG at my request at the same time at the same price in Dec. 2018 on the SHADOW, which has exactly the same number of days as the originally booked cruise on the SPIRIT. They offered Verandah suites in category V2, while we had booked a V3 on the SPIRIT. Do you think V2 on the Shadow is equal to V3 on the SPIRIT? There was no OBC etc. offered for the involuntary change to Asia with much longer flights necessary from Europe.