Can't view shore excursions

propwash

2018 -- way too early too see shore excursions.

HAL posted shore excursions for first part of Oosterdam April 2018 cruise through to Barcelona over a month ago.

Was told by EXC rep rest of excursions through to Venice would be posted in September. Fast running out of September and still nothing posted.

I've been trying to look at shore excursions on the HAL website for the April 2018 cruise of the Med and the PDF doesn't load. I've also tried the Oct 2 2017 trip and that doesn't load either. Anybody have ideas?

Thanks

Danny

You might want to call HAL Ship Services.

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

I've been trying to look at shore excursions on the HAL website for the April 2018 cruise of the Med and the PDF doesn't load. I've also tried the Oct 2 2017 trip and that doesn't load either. Anybody have ideas?

Thanks

Danny

If by "doesn't load" you mean that the circle symbol just keeps spinning, try a different browser. I got this Koningdam 20-day 4/11/18 excursions pdf to download using IE, but not Edge, Chrome, or Firefox.

https://book.hollandamerica.com/shorex/viewFrontEndTourBrochure.do?productId=K828A&sailDate=20180411T07:00:00.000Z

edit p.s. - when you cut-and-paste the string be sure to eliminate any spaces that might have been put in, such as in the "Da te" above that I can't seem to get rid of :(

Edited by catl331

I called HAL and found out how to get to the PDF of the shore excursions.

• At the HAL site go to Already Booked.
  • Click on Personalize Your Cruise
  • Click on Buy EXC tours
  • Click on down load personalized e brochure.
  • Being an old person I print myself a hard copy.

Hope this was helpful.

Hope this was helpful.
That's a round-about way of getting there, but it won't work if (a) you are not yet booked on the cruise for which you want to see possible excursions, or (b) the browser you are using is having problems downloading pdf's from the HAL site. Edited by catl331

That's a round-about way of getting there, but it won't work if (a) you are not yet booked on the cruise for which you want to see possible excursions, or (b) the browser you are using is having problems downloading pdf's from the HAL site.

Then talk to the HAL people directly. It generally works.

You might want to call HAL Ship Services.

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

Then talk to the HAL people directly. It generally works.

See above Posts - they appear to offer your best hope to get the info you want.

Edited by avian777

• 2 weeks later...
I called HAL and found out how to get to the PDF of the shore excursions.

• At the HAL site go to Already Booked.
  • Click on Personalize Your Cruise
  • Click on Buy EXC tours
  • Click on down load personalized e brochure.
  • Being an old person I print myself a hard copy.

Hope this was helpful.

THANKS, yes that worked fine.

Danny

I've been looking for excursions for the April sailing as well. I've spoken to HAL, they keep saying they should be up soon.

I can see problems now. Everyone who's been waiting for these to be listed will be trying to book at the same time, most likely, leading to site problems with an over abundance of users.

That's a round-about way of getting there, but it won't work if (a) you are not yet booked on the cruise for which you want to see possible excursions, or (.

Is this a recent change or am I not remembering correctly? I thought that in the past one could see the excursions for a particular cruise without having actually booked it?

Is this a recent change or am I not remembering correctly? I thought that in the past one could see the excursions for a particular cruise without having actually booked it?

You can see excursions for all ports. I've looked at what's probably going to be offered and have decided what I'd like to book. But HAL hasn't made them available to book.

The problem, for me, is that I'd like to get these excursions booked as early as possible so that I can get them paid off on my card before the cruise.

I have gone to other cruises and not booked on and been able to download the shore excursion booklet to see what HAL is offering on that cruise.

I think your memory is just fine ;)

You SHOULD be able to look at excursions on any cruise in the next 6 to 8 months without being booked on it. If you click on View Itinerary, below the map are links for View Deck Plan and View Shore Excursions (pdf). Clicking on the latter SHOULD download the pdf ... but it doesn't work consistently. In the past Internet Explorer would not work and Chrome and Firefox would. Now that seems to be reversed.

Try this link for an Apr cruise in IE https://book.hollandamerica.com/shorex/viewFrontEndTourBrochure.do?productId=K828A&sailDate=20180411T07:00:00.000Z and it usually completes in under 10 seconds ... but sometimes says "an error has occurred". Try it in Chrome, Firefox, or Edge and the download never completes.

Edited by catl331

You SHOULD be able to look at excursions on any cruise in the next 6 to 8 months without being booked on it. If you click on View Itinerary, below the map are links for View Deck Plan and View Shore Excursions (pdf). Clicking on the latter SHOULD download the pdf ... but it doesn't work consistently. In the past Internet Explorer would not work and Chrome and Firefox would. Now that seems to be reversed.

Try this link for an Apr cruise in IE https://book.hollandamerica.com/shorex/viewFrontEndTourBrochure.do?productId=K828A&sailDate=20180411T07:00:00.000Z and it usually completes in under 10 seconds ... but sometimes says "an error has occurred". Try it in Chrome, Firefox, or Edge and the download never completes.

As I believe the OP may be referring to the same cruise on which I'm booked (Oosterdam), I've been able to ascertain that the only shore excursions available to view and to purchase are through to April 18th, Barcelona. Excursions after that date, through to Venice (April 30th), are not available. I've looked at this via Chrome, IE, and Firefox while logged in and not logged in. The PDF does not provide any excursions past April 18th, save one ridiculously price excursion for Naples. HAL keeps saying they'll be loaded shortly. It's now a guess as to which will come first. The excursions or Christmas.

That may be the key. I use Chrome and was not, for instance, able to look at the 2017 Grand Asia excursions (prior to its sailing last week) because I am not booked on that cruise. It would not be the first time that Chrome has failed me. I'll try IE in the future.

I have gone to other cruises and not booked on and been able to download the shore excursion booklet to see what HAL is offering on that cruise.

I think your memory is just fine ;)

Thank you, Kazu. These days one wonders . . .