Breakfast attire in dining room

DoggyDaddy

Am guilty of having a bathrobe on because I wanted a cup of coffee on the way to the spa. Usually I try to sneak in through the pool area to the first coffee urn. Feel guilty while doing so[emoji18]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, as a fellow coffee addict, I do understand this but at least it's just the Lido, NOT the MDR.

I'm one of those who still dresses for dinner and enjoys wearing my tux on Gala Nights. That being said, if I'm in the Caribbean, or about any other warm locale, I'm going to be in shorts and a polo at breakfast, and probably my swim trunks at the Dive-In or equivalent at lunch. What others do, up to a point, doesn't affect or bother me. Bathrobes at breakfast in the Lido, and ball caps in the MDR at dinner are not acceptable to me, but it doesn't affect us. If I considered all the changes in society that have occurred in my lifetime as "dumbing down", I'd have to have started, and ended, with a very high opinion of myself. To quote another like-minded philosopher, Dennis Miller, "That's just my opinion, and I might be wrong".

bb

Good post! Thank you for doing it.

No, there are supposed to be used inside your cabin... period.

Is that in writing somewhere? I have seen people in robes for late night dips and spa transit on many cruises, many lines. Of course they aren't meant for dining areas. But that said I do think they are fine for spa and pool. I'm not going to fault someone grabbing coffee in transit.

No, there are supposed to be used inside your cabin... period.

Absolute tosh.

Bathrobes are indeed fine to go to the spa from your room.

This is common in resorts Worldwide. Remember that the ship is DUTCH. And in Europe, this practice is totally fine, so go ahead and do not fear some frustrated people acting as fashion police.

By the way, Sauna should be taken NAKED and Speedos are absolutely fine.

This should make some on here boil over haha...

Is that in writing somewhere?
Of course not. What we have here is just some people trying to make their personal preference sound more important than it is.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I thought that bath robes were permitted in the Lido at breakfast. Have not seen anything to the contrary.

They seem to be just fine in the pool and spa areas. And in the hot tub area-especially at night. Certainly very common in many of the land based hotels/resorts that we have visited. Don't really understand the big push back. Is this an East Rubber Boot County, Oklahoma rule/custom or a HAL guideline?

Of course not. What we have here is just some people trying to make their personal preference sound more important than it is.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Whenever someone tells me something and claims it is an absolute, I always ask for the source so I can verify the information. I then know I am having a discussion with up to date policies. I really wish people would clearly state they are expressing an opinion and not stating a fact. Questioning it sometimes comes across as argumentative, when really I just want clarification so I can learn.

It is always interesting to see people make up rules, mis-inform others simply to safisfy their own tastes, preferences, whatever. Makes one wonder where they are coming from and whether they make up these sorts of rules for all aspects of their lives.

It is always interesting to see people make up rules, mis-inform others simply to safisfy their own tastes, preferences, whatever. Makes one wonder where they are coming from and whether they make up these sorts of rules for all aspects of their lives.
I wonder how strong is the correlation between dissatisfaction and this insistence to ignore what's actual.