Robes to go to Thermal pools?

calteacher

I almost hate to post this, as I agree that robes have no place in the Lido, dining room, etc. But, when going from our cabin to the Spa area, is it really necessary to take a complete change of clothing so that we don't appear in bathrobes on the elevator or in the cabin hallways?

I almost hate to post this, as I agree that robes have no place in the Lido, dining room, etc. But, when going from our cabin to the Spa area, is it really necessary to take a complete change of clothing so that we don't appear in bathrobes on the elevator or in the cabin hallways?

No need to take anything to the TO except you, there are lockers, robes, towels, and showers, enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to the Greenhouse Spa, I change clothes as follows (or initially wear depending upon the time of day):

Bathing suit, T-shirt, foot wear suitable for the Spa (I use the slippers that are at times provided and which I save depending upon my stateroom category booked from past cruises), and maybe some reading material if I think I may divide my time between the outside Lido Deck and the Spa.

Always use the provided locker: personal items are put there along with my reading material until I am ready to retrieve it. Once in awhile, I will use the robe provided, but not very often.

If I am in a hallway and/or elevator en route to/from the Spa and another guest is "offended" by my appearance, that is his/her problem.

I have even been in my T-shirt/bathing suit attire for a very early morning Continental Breakfast in the Lido prior to going to the Spa with the intent of being there when the Spa opens. Never saw any "wrinkled faces" or "upturned noses" by doing so.

beach bunnie, do you ever enter the water? Wondered how you handled wet suit on return to the cabin.

Couple years ago on the Veendam, DH was told there would be no lockers available for him. In an hour observed only one other man, who was given a locker and instructions for his massage. Message, we are saving the lockers for the "paying" cruisers.

On which ship did your husband encounter that? (On some ships the thermal suite is available generally, and on others it is only available to "paying" customers.)

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I see lots of people coming into the Greenhouse Spa wearing bathrobes.

I used the hydrotherapy pool on the Westerdam daily to help my elbow and do rehab exercises. I just packed my bathing suit and brush, etc. And wore my clothes there and changed. I used the bathrobes provided by the spa.

This let me have a shower after and return to my cabin dry and dressed. I just had to dry my hair.

And my bathrobe in my cabin was nice and dry ;)

beach bunnie, do you ever enter the water? Wondered how you handled wet suit on return to the cabin.

Couple years ago on the Veendam, DH was told there would be no lockers available for him. In an hour observed only one other man, who was given a locker and instructions for his massage. Message, we are saving the lockers for the "paying" cruisers.

Yes, we always use the hydro pool first and then "warm beds" for about 30 minutes. In that time, my suit is no longer dripping and it doesn't wet the sundress. I've also take undergarments, left them in the locker, and changed into those afterwards.

We've always been offered a locker. But we always have paid for the thermo suite for the entire cruise. We usually go either at 5pm before dinner or 9pm after dinner. It's usually quiet then.

On which ship did your husband encounter that? (On some ships the thermal suite is available generally, and on others it is only available to "paying" customers.)

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

On what HAL ship would the Thermal Suite be available at no extra cost? I cannot think of any.

bUU, Dh only wanted to use sauna and shower in locker room, not the Greenhouse Spa. Ship was the Veendam
That explains it. Thanks.

That is not so - the thermal suite is never available generally, as you put it, on any HAL ship.

Updated: Second time I did this: Posted a reply related to the wrong cruise line. I was thinking of Carnival: Liberty, Legend and several others that don't have the Cloud 9 brand have spas that don't charge for access to the steam and sauna facilities. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by bUU