Zuiderdam SC vs SS suite

Carol28

I'd like opinions about the SC suites. We cannot choose which cabin we would get; HAL selects for us. We really would not choose the ones at the stern of the ship, but it looks like there are only 4 SC rooms in the middle of the ship.

So, my questions are:

1. Is the Zuiderdam Neptune Concierge Lounge worth it? Some are and some are not.

2. Do most people who choose SC, want the stern rooms, giving us a better chance for the middle rooms?

We normally get an SS suite. Are the amenities of the Neptune suites worth it?

Lots of "worth it" questions here...a totally personal subjective question only you can answer. Suite amenities are popular with different people for different reasons. We tend to do 14 day or longer cruises, so the laundry benefit is "worth it" to us. But again, we have no idea what is "worth it" to you.

SC suites are the same, generally as SA and SB, just different locations. Sounds like you have booked a guarantee (GTY) booking. No one is going to be able to predict what the outcome will be. MANY people like the aft corner suites, but again, we don't know what is going on with sales on your particular sailing, so no one can predict.

Here.s a link that does a great job of breaking out different benefits by suite level: https://digital.cenveomobile.com/publication/?i=410008#{"issue_id":410008,"page":14}

If it doesn't work, here's how to find it.

Go to the HAL home page, scroll down to column under Plan a Cruise, click on "e-brochures", then scroll down to "staterooms and deck plans". On page 13 or 14 you'll find a very good breakout of SS vs Neptune benefits.

We originally booked an SS on Zuiderdam last March and took an upsell to an SA, 7062 just steps from the Neptune. It was our very first suite and I know we absolutely LOVED being near the Neptune. Having small snacks and beverages right there to grab and take back to enjoy on our balcony was fantastic, especially during our return trip through Gatun Locks.

It was wonderfully convenient to have the concierge team so close whenever we had a question or needed help with a reservation. We'd chose that stateroom and location again in a heartbeat.