Drop in Cruise Demand?

bala1130

Jamaica I can take or leave, but Cozumel???? One of our favorite ports, home away from home.....where did you go there?????:confused:

Playa Mia. It was the reason we booked the NCL Getaway cruise we were on last year. Their giant inflatable looked like it would be a lot of fun for my family (6 kids). Sadly, it was such a yucky beach. The sand was super coarse and the giant inflatable was over dark, weedy water that even creeped out my husband and older sons.

I'm worried the sand is awful everywhere. It was zero fun for my little girls. Could bury one another. The sand actually hurt. ☹️.

Also - not Coz-specific, but that place had very Americanized food. It was just the kind of day that didn't make us want to hurry back.

My Jamaica beach experience was just as disappointing. The sand was like flour, and filthy. And our excursion driver in Jamaica was pushy and scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few thoughts:

The beaches will probably be the last things to get back to normal, but that still leaves the rest of the things that are on all the Caribbean port stops... A bus trip, a shopping excursion, a zip line and a boat/snorkeling trip.

See... this is what I'm afraid of. The beaches are my main interest off the ship. I don't shop or dine or sightsee or even scuba. I lie in the sand and try to excoriate winter from my weary WNY soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think Eastern Caribbean cruises might go down a touch in 2018, but other cruise spots (Canada, Bermuda, Western Caribbean) will all go up in price...people will want to sail where it's all open and ready for business, so they'll go the places that are like that for 2018.

I have not noticed many price decreases (or increased stateroom availability due to cancellations) for cruises for the remainder of 2017 to the Caribbean.

A bit hard for most to cancel inside the final payment (most cruises to the end of 2017 are past final payment).

Alaska is high up there on my list when are the best months to visit?

End of June and early July are best time in my opinion. Lots of day light, and warmer days/nights. If you want to see the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) try to get to Fairbanks either before or after a late August or September cruise.