Veterans Cruise

Prof Peg

Is there anywhere in particular that you can see listings of upcoming military appreciation or veterans cruises? I was looking for something on Carnival, but when I enter the search term at the Carnival site, it comes back with an entry from 2007 (that doesn't work).

There are several commercial travel agent sites that show military/Veteran discounted cruises. While I can't point you directly to them, the one I use can be found if you GOOGLE To Go Vacationing. If you get to the right site it will show vacations to go on and will list discounts for Military, Teachers, Fire Fighters, etc..

Go Luck.

Ken S

There are several commercial travel agent sites that show military/Veteran discounted cruises. While I can't point you directly to them, the one I use can be found if you GOOGLE To Go Vacationing. If you get to the right site it will show vacations to go on and will list discounts for Military, Teachers, Fire Fighters, etc..

Go Luck.

Ken S

I know exactly which site you're talking about and it's a wealth of information. It's very unfortunate but Carnival never lists any military discounts.

Amazing how many veterans you encounter on a cruise!!

Get to know your local or nearest ITT office on base. Usually MWR is contacted about promotions....like the free Disney tickets, Busch Gardens/Sea World, etc.

Some of the bases have websites, too. The one I use the most is Victory Travel at Ft. Jackson, SC. You can click around to see what's going on.

• 1 month later...

This is not a Carnival answer but to see an overview of every ship, every date in the NCL fleet (in one eye crossing chart) you can go to the NCL web site, at the bottom Veterans Advantage, then in the text is some verbage like "specific dates" or something like that. Click on that and you get a form that will show you what the discount is for that ship, that date. Some are 5%, others 10% and occasionally you can stumble on a 15%. If you are flexible, maybe you can plan around it.

Great to have found this thread. DH is former USAF Commando and then MAC V SOG in Viet Namn.

Thank you all for your service.

I know this doesnt help at the moment - but Carnival runs specials for Military & Retirees during the month of May. They give great discounts to service members and thier families at that time...so it is a great time to book your cruise for the upcoming seasons.

My DH is retired Army... my DS is in Reserves, having returned from Iraq a few months ago.

Many thanks and God Bless all who serve.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
This is not a Carnival answer but to see an overview of every ship, every date in the NCL fleet (in one eye crossing chart) you can go to the NCL web site, at the bottom Veterans Advantage, then in the text is some verbage like "specific dates" or something like that. Click on that and you get a form that will show you what the discount is for that ship, that date. Some are 5%, others 10% and occasionally you can stumble on a 15%. If you are flexible, maybe you can plan around it.

Great to have found this thread. DH is former USAF Commando and then MAC V SOG in Viet Namn.

Thank you all for your service.

Please thank your husband for his service!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just found this board. I have been on two cruises in the past that were a salute to Veterans. Both were a great hit and had a great turnout. There is another one scheduled for May 2012 going to Alaska.:D

You can contact me for more info at the email below if you are interested

bigdk63376 at yahoo dot com:D

I just found this board. I have been on two cruises in the past that were a salute to Veterans. Both were a great hit and had a great turnout. There is another one scheduled for May 2012 going to Alaska.:D

You can contact me for more info at the email below if you are interested

bigdk63376 at yahoo dot com:D

The Ivy Leaves patch I see: Would that be the U.S. Army's 4th Infantry Division? If so, thank you for your service! Will check out the cruise you mentioned, but I'm on CC primarily looking for information on the Carnival Spirit's repositioning cruises from Vancouver to Sydney in September 2012.

The Ivy Leaves patch I see: Would that be the U.S. Army's 4th Infantry Division? If so, thank you for your service! Will check out the cruise you mentioned, but I'm on CC primarily looking for information on the Carnival Spirit's repositioning cruises from Vancouver to Sydney in September 2012.

It is the 4th Infantry Division. I was with the Division in Vietnam and am currently the Executive Director of the National 4th Infantry Division Association.:D

Edited by eyeamacruiser

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
It is the 4th Infantry Division. I was with the Division in Vietnam and am currently the Executive Director of the National 4th Infantry Division Association.:D

1st Infantry Division here, Vietnam 1969 the big red 1

Edited by DDMau

• 3 weeks later...
Is there anywhere in particular that you can see listings of upcoming military appreciation or veterans cruises? I was looking for something on Carnival, but when I enter the search term at the Carnival site, it comes back with an entry from 2007 (that doesn't work).

The site we use is the Armed Forces Vacation Club dot com. They have space A places all over the world and can probably help with cruises. The one thing I've noticed about a bunch of vets/retirees getting together is that all our stories get better with time and you had better not be standing near a fan.;):D:eek:

Carnaval does a Veterans cruise every November. We have a friend that goes every year. I will attempt to get him on here..

And I am the friend..

OK, first off. Carnival DOES offer Military both active, Retired or Veteran a discount.. I might suggest that you contact Carnival and talk with a PVP. (Personal Vacation Planner) I can't suggest one by name here due to rules.. Also you can contact a good travel agent for information on Military Discounts..

Now for Veteran cruises.. I was on the Carnival Valor in 2009 for a Veterans cruise.. It was a blast.. We even had a gentleman by the name of Sammy Davis, a CMoH recipient with us. (Look him up, he deserved it and many more) The Veterans cruise was set up by others and not CCL.. We just had it on a CCL ship.. CCL was very helpful however it was a TA that did all the work.. Again due to rules, I can't offer up that TA's information.

Do some research both here and on GOOGLE and the next one should pop up.. (More than likely you will have better luck on GOOGLE)

I hope that this helps..

Thank you all for your service..

**A note to the moderator. If this post will get me sent to the naughty room, please delete it.. **

• 7 months later...

We are having our 4th Salute to Veterans cruise in May 2013. We hope you can join us. It will be on the Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale going to the Southern Caribbean. We are just a group of Veterans, familie and supporters that cruise for fun. Let me know if anyone is interested. It is not an organized cruise, but a group that gets together. Everyone is welcome. We have great rates and amenities.:D