Per cruise spreadsheets please

I am a hopeless organiser, and I have seen some people on cruise critic have spreadsheets to help with their pre cruise organisation ......I would be grateful if someone could email me a template of a spreadsheet they use of a link to one that would be useful, thanks Karen :):)

I do what I call a Quick Facts card that we print and laminate. Does come in handy. Here is a picture of one, but not sure how to add the spreadsheet itself?

i-HRKBDWb.jpg

I use something similar, called Tripit. It's a great place to keep all of your travel itinerary and info in one place. https://www.tripit.com.

I guess what I'm interested in is a spreadsheet for packing :) Making sure I've got everything and have done everything at home before leaving. Maybe that's not what Karen meant when she said she is looking for a spreadsheet. Sorry if I misinterpreted!

~ Shari

I save the info skoeper's calling quick facts in my cell phone and I email it to myself. A laminated sheet is a good idea too, but I'm not likely to be parted from my phone, and in case of an emergency I could pull up my email on a computer anywhere. The one thing I'd add is insurance information.

For excursions, I don't use a spreadsheet, but I do prepare envelopes for each island stop. We do only private excursions, so I write the tour operator's name and contact info / meeting location / whatever else on the envelope. Inside the envelope I place a print out of my reservation and money (including tip). This means anything in my wallet is actually spendable money, and I won't be caught without the right amount of money for each stop.

The only other organization tool I have is my packing list. We created it on the way home from our second cruise, when we realized that we'd overpacked and didn't want to do it again. We didn't use the over-the-door-organizer, etc. While it was fresh in our minds, we wrote down what we'd actually used . . . And since then we've packed just what we need and no more.

• Like 2

I use something similar, called Tripit. It's a great place to keep all of your travel itinerary and info in one place. https://www.tripit.com.

I guess what I'm interested in is a spreadsheet for packing :) Making sure I've got everything and have done everything at home before leaving. Maybe that's not what Karen meant when she said she is looking for a spreadsheet. Sorry if I misinterpreted!

~ Shari

I like Tripit too. Just started using it! As for a spreadsheet, we created one ourselves in QuattroPro. I do change it a little each time, because I like to include which suitcase has the various items. I was always looking through all my suitcases for a given item after I'd checked it off on my list.

• Like 1

I like Tripit too. Just started using it! As for a spreadsheet, we created one ourselves in QuattroPro. I do change it a little each time, because I like to include which suitcase has the various items. I was always looking through all my suitcases for a given item after I'd checked it off on my list.

Wow knittinggirl! I don't think I could ever be that organized, but I can dream :) I love the idea of knowing which suitcase everything is in. We usually cross pack, meaning each suitcase has half his stuff and half my stuff, in case suitcases get lost. (Usually not for the trip back home though).

MrsPete - I know what you mean about never being far from your phone. I'm always saying that my phone contains my brain because I keep so much info in it. I was delighted to learn that Tripit had a mobile app last May when we went to Costa Rica. It really came in handy there because our internet access was spotty, and we never had cell phone coverage, but I could still access all of our travel information using Tripit. Just felt comforting to know that I could access our reservation numbers, hotel info, etc. wherever we were.

beachluvr65 - That's a nice checklist, I think I will print it and use it. You can even shop by clicking on each category! Haha, cute :)

~ Shari

As far as cross packing goes, I always have the next day's outfits plus toiletries, meds, etc in my carry-on. If we take a second carry-on, it gets the second day's outfits. If we have multiple checked bags, they are packed by days, as well. That way we hopefully can survive until any lost bag is found.

Hi,

I've downloaded upackinglist app for iPhone/ipad, it can link via Bluetooth over different devices, lists can be emailed & printed and you can make lots of lists. I have the packing list plus a "to buy" list.

Tracey

• 2 weeks later...

I do keep a packing list which I update after each cruise..(.as I often bring too much of one thing and not enough of another.):o..or needs to be changed depending on warm or cool weather..

Other useful things for me.....under bed..I have a box with my crusing items..with my packing list, extra travel toiletries, lanyard,travel mug,passport holders, etc,etc...... AND 2 large (8x12) vinyl envelopes one for cruise docs ,excursion info,etc and one for any general travel info incl print outs from CC about specific ports,etc.) for that particular cruise..and to keep receipts while on cruise.

Month before cruise I file all the info in envelopes and just slip them in my carryon..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
I do keep a packing list which I update after each cruise..(.as I often bring too much of one thing and not enough of another.):o..or needs to be changed depending on warm or cool weather..

Other useful things for me.....under bed..I have a box with my crusing items..with my packing list, extra travel toiletries, lanyard,travel mug,passport holders, etc,etc...... AND 2 large (8x12) vinyl envelopes one for cruise docs ,excursion info,etc and one for any general travel info incl print outs from CC about specific ports,etc.) for that particular cruise..and to keep receipts while on cruise.

Month before cruise I file all the info in envelopes and just slip them in my carryon..

We're (or should I say I) similar. I have my spreadsheets that I use to track up update everything, budget, plan out ports of call, travel expenses, hotels, etc. I also keep printed copies of EVERYTHING in a zippered vinyl folder and pack it with me. Copies of the passports, hotel information, flights, e-mails - literally everything. We would have been stranded in NYC a few years ago if I didn't have that information. I add to it as we go along and tuck in receipts and our copies of Carnival's Fun Times, so when we get back we have items to go into the travel scrapbook.

• 1 month later...

I am a planning nut. I have an Excel workbook that I use to organize myself and my DH before each cruise. It is broken down into several spreadsheets (tabs).

Tab #1 is the oh-so-important PACKING LIST, organized by suitcase and carry ons (mine vs. DH). The items are color-coded (his are blue, mine are pink) and for items that I still need to purchase before the cruise, I click the "to-buy" column and it sends that item to a separate spreadsheet (tab) called "SHOPPING LIST". Since I tend to lay the open bags in our guest room and begin the packing process over the course of a month before a big cruise, having the list there is helpful. I can check things off as I put them into the bags.

As for the SHOPPING LIST, I have an alert set on my calendar to check my shopping list at 3 months and again at 2 months prior to cruise to begin looking for any items that still need to be purchased.

Another tab on my cruise organizer is the ONBOARD TIPS list. This is very helpful when cruising on a large ship with so many options. The tips list includes all the dining and activity venues as well as whether there are fees involved, if reservations are required, best viewing places for outdoor shows, secret spots, all sorts of CC tips that I gather from lurking in the months leading up to a cruise.

My TO DO tab is my reminder to do things like setting dining or show reservations, making payments, booking excursions, prefilling Rx's, notifying bank of international travel, etc.

The last tab on my cruise planner is my SCHEDULE. Just prior to leaving, I fill in the blanks on this document and print it out in triplicate (because we always end up changing something after we get on the ship). It's a glimpse of the entire cruise itenerary. It includes any dinner / show / activity reservations we've made at a glance on one page. It also contains our Hotel, Flight, Travel Insurance, and Transfer information and all emergency phone numbers for TA, cruise line, hotel, etc.

Of course, all that is subject to change once we step foot on the ship, but it's good to at least have something to go by. And for me, planning the vacation is half the fun!

• Like 2

I am a planning nut. I have an Excel workbook that I use to organize myself and my DH before each cruise. It is broken down into several spreadsheets (tabs).

Tab #1 is the oh-so-important PACKING LIST, organized by suitcase and carry ons (mine vs. DH). The items are color-coded (his are blue, mine are pink) and for items that I still need to purchase before the cruise, I click the "to-buy" column and it sends that item to a separate spreadsheet (tab) called "SHOPPING LIST". Since I tend to lay the open bags in our guest room and begin the packing process over the course of a month before a big cruise, having the list there is helpful. I can check things off as I put them into the bags.

As for the SHOPPING LIST, I have an alert set on my calendar to check my shopping list at 3 months and again at 2 months prior to cruise to begin looking for any items that still need to be purchased.

Another tab on my cruise organizer is the ONBOARD TIPS list. This is very helpful when cruising on a large ship with so many options. The tips list includes all the dining and activity venues as well as whether there are fees involved, if reservations are required, best viewing places for outdoor shows, secret spots, all sorts of CC tips that I gather from lurking in the months leading up to a cruise.

My TO DO tab is my reminder to do things like setting dining or show reservations, making payments, booking excursions, prefilling Rx's, notifying bank of international travel, etc.

The last tab on my cruise planner is my SCHEDULE. Just prior to leaving, I fill in the blanks on this document and print it out in triplicate (because we always end up changing something after we get on the ship). It's a glimpse of the entire cruise itenerary. It includes any dinner / show / activity reservations we've made at a glance on one page. It also contains our Hotel, Flight, Travel Insurance, and Transfer information and all emergency phone numbers for TA, cruise line, hotel, etc.

Of course, all that is subject to change once we step foot on the ship, but it's good to at least have something to go by. And for me, planning the vacation is half the fun!

Wow! And I thought that I was organized! I'm OCD and I'm loving your spreadsheet. Would you possibly care to share?

:o

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long to respond. We're in our busy time at work. I would be happy to share, but I'm not quite sure how to do that. I'm relatively new to CC. If you can tell me how to do it, I'd be more than happy to attach a link. Otherwise, I can attach pics of each page of my spreadsheet.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. We're in our busy time at work. I would be happy to share, but I'm not quite sure how to do that. I'm relatively new to CC. If you can tell me how to do it, I'd be more than happy to attach a link. Otherwise, I can attach pics of each page of my spreadsheet.

OK... I now know that I can't upload an Excel file (which is what my cruise planner is formatted in ), so if anyone would like the .xls file, please reach out to me via email and I'll be happy to send you the entire file. All the tabs are pre-formatted so that once you plug in your sail date and your ship name on the first page (Travel Info), this info populates corresponding cells on the other tabs. It also has a preset reminders tab that will take your cruise date and automatically calculate reminders for certain activities that you need to do pre-cruise at different intervals (1, 2, 3 weeks prior). In the meantime, I will attempt to post .pdf's of the individual tabs. Crossing my fingers and hoping this works. :)

Cruise List (Trip Details).pdf

Cruise List (Packing List).pdf

Cruise List (Food and Shows).pdf

Cruise List (Schedule).pdf

Cruise List (Ship Tips and Info).pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OK... I now know that I can't upload an Excel file (which is what my cruise planner is formatted in ), so if anyone would like the .xls file, please reach out to me via email and I'll be happy to send you the entire file. All the tabs are pre-formatted so that once you plug in your sail date and your ship name on the first page (Travel Info), this info populates corresponding cells on the other tabs. It also has a preset reminders tab that will take your cruise date and automatically calculate reminders for certain activities that you need to do pre-cruise at different intervals (1, 2, 3 weeks prior). In the meantime, I will attempt to post .pdf's of the individual tabs. Crossing my fingers and hoping this works. :)

Hi Sherri914, I would love a copy of your excel! It sounds like a great model. My email is leonna.obedowski@gmail.com

Thanks!

OK... I now know that I can't upload an Excel file (which is what my cruise planner is formatted in ), so if anyone would like the .xls file, please reach out to me via email and I'll be happy to send you the entire file. :)

Hi Sherri914. I'd also like a copy of your excel file. My email is bstar8@hotmail.com Thank you