NeoRiviera price increase AFTER payment of deposit

drsel

I had booked and paid the deposit (2 months ago) for Neoclassica which was later changed to neoRiviera at the same price.

Today, I just received an email from Costa Crociere saying that they have increased the price of my Cruise already booked and confirmed.

Can they increase the price retrospectively after the $198 deposit is paid and then demand more ?

Costa had given us 235 euros OBC as compensation for changing the ship and dates.

And a booking confirmation showing the same fare in US$ (for the new ship NeoRiviera) as the original booking.

Today, they sent me another booking confirmation showing 235 special services OBC general, and an increase in the total fare by $235 (not euros).

I wonder if we have to pay $235 more because of 235 euros OBC?

AS their terms & conditions they can increase fares due to fuel and port charges changes.

However reading what you have said, this does NOT sound anything like that, but to me the difference between the Classica & Riviera original price.

This is wrong given it is their change of ships, write to them demanding a explanation as to the additional charges, in no way should the OBC be any part of this, but a administration error.

Not sure where you are from but make any letter recorded delivery so you have proof of it being delivered.

I had booked and paid the deposit (2 months ago) for Neoclassica which was later changed to neoRiviera at the same price.

Today, I just received an email from Costa Crociere saying that they have increased the price of my Cruise already booked and confirmed.

Can they increase the price retrospectively after the $198 deposit is paid and then demand more ?

Who knows?

This is one of the disadvantages of booking on a foreign web site / country, Costa must adopt their T&C to conform with the local market regulations.

This is why I always book with my local Costa (Germany), even if it may costa afew €/$ more, I have my cruise planner, can take legal advice / action if needed.

It would help with more specific advice if you were to mention your country of residence and which Costa site you booked through.

Thank goodness, this is the reply I just received--

""Kindly note per procedure, we need to insert the OBC EUR200 in USD equivalent to your booking prior to departure.*

We are waiting for HQ to send us the discount code so we can waive this charge.*

Rest assured that OBC is complimentary and your total booking amount is the same.*

Regards,

Juanita Campiot*

Costa Cruises Asia Pacific & China*

Costa Crociere S.p.A. - Shanghai Representative Office*

1115, Building One, Corporate Avenue, No. 222 HuBin Road, P.R.C - 200021 Shanghai