Miami port help-2 disabled old ladies and now I get to deal with parking my car

PattBenatar

Long plan was to get a motel room at the port and have a shuttle take us to the port. Now my friend decided it was too expensive and she wants us to park at the port. Well money does not concern me, but it does her.

I am driving so it will be me that gets to drop her off and all the luggage and I have to go park in disabled lot.

Well currently I can not walk half a city block, I am in a scooter for more than a few feet. My scooter will be in my cabin but that does not help me.

I know the porters can not go to the parking lots but I need HELP! Suggestions please. Does a shuttle come thru the lot I will be parking in? (C I believe) Do I have to hire a cab?

We are alone with no help but are pretty much self sufficient once we have wheels. I don't want to get stressed out, but what can I do?

There is no shuttle from the port parking garage (any terminal) to the ship terminal (at least in May), the only way they provide a shuttle is when the cruise changes the terminal number, however, use google to search on 'port of miami' parking, and you will find several parking lots (privately owned), that do have shuttles to the cruise terminals.

There is no shuttle from the port parking garage (any terminal) to the ship terminal (at least in May), the only way they provide a shuttle is when the cruise changes the terminal number, however, use google to search on 'port of miami' parking, and you will find several parking lots (privately owned), that do have shuttles to the cruise terminals.

I need to park at the port, or what is the point? Of not staying with the original plan. I no longer have those rooms which I booked 8 months ago. I should have just stayed with my original plan. But it is too late now.

Off site parking is no more expensive ( and can in fact be cheaper) and they get business by providing shuttles to the terminal. You will need your own DME from the car to the terminal no matter which way you go. Wheelchair assistance is only once you get to the security line and check in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You could drop your friend (and the luggage off) at the port and then park offsite - some place like this one https://www.airportparking.top/miamiportcruise.html (not that I'm saying this one - just found it with a quick google search). They will shuttle you back to the port and drop you off not in the parking lot, but at the ship where you can ask for wheelchair assistance into the port building.

When you leave, you get their shuttle back to the car.

It makes for less walking than parking at the port.

Is there validated parking there at the port?

NO at least none I have ever seen. We have parked there a few times. Port parking is expensive EXCEPT if you have some sort of mechanical device attached to your vehicle for a scooter or wheel chair, such as a lift. I have a lift for my scooter. Handicap parking is FREE if you have a lift device at every port and airport in Florida.

Parking is pretty expensive at the port. Last I saw it was about $15 per day. But it is VERY convenient. The garage is across a street from where you drop your luggage with the porters and you walk inside the building to check in the ship. Thats where you can get wheel chair assistance.

Edited by Boozebabe

I'm sorry you're in this position and I hope you do find a solution.

Hindsight is great, but not very helpful for you right now. However, in the future, I'd stick to the principle of "Since the driver has the responsibility of getting us to the port, she decides what will be done." What you do has to suit the driver, not the passenger (who is getting free transport without any hassles).