Bonnie: one more upgrade question

tromvest

Bonnie:

I was on the October 15th 2018 cruise that was cancelled. I applied for the $398 upgrade on that sailing. Then, I moved to the October 6, 2018 cruise V2 cabin and applied again for the upgrade. Then, last week I switched cabins to a VX still on the October 6, 2018 sailing. I called Azamara and asked if I need to apply AGAIN for the upgrade since I switched cabins. They said "yes".

My question is, is every time I reapply am I moving further down the wait list lowering my chances of the opportunity to upgrade?

Thank you,

Julie

Nicole says your place on the LCV upgrade list is prioritized based on your loyalty tier.

So when you apply, or in your case reapply, should not affect your position.

Bonnie,

If I am not mistaken, your position on the list is determined not only by Loyalty Tier, but also by Date/Time of submitting the application (unless the rules have changed). If there is 1 CC Suite and two applicants who are both Discoverer Plus, the offer will first go to the person who submited their application the earliest. Number of points is immaterial, only Tier Level and date of submission. Please correct if this is wrong.

Bonnie,

If I am not mistaken, your position on the list is determined not only by Loyalty Tier, but also by Date/Time of submitting the application (unless the rules have changed). If there is 1 CC Suite and two applicants who are both Discoverer Plus, the offer will first go to the person who submited their application the earliest. Number of points is immaterial, only Tier Level and date of submission. Please correct if this is wrong.

I agree, I have an email from the past confirming that so unless the position has changed the date is important

Bonnie,

That was my understanding of it too.

Phil

We stand corrected! Yes, if there are two LCV upgrade applicants with the same tier level, the tie goes to the earlier application.

But it does also seem you were misinformed when you were told to reapply [in the case of switching cabins on the same voyage.] The Customer Service team will have this clarified.

Tromvest, I'd suggest you write to LCVambassador@leclubvoyage.com to request she revert your application date back to the original date.

We stand corrected! Yes, if there are two LCV upgrade applicants with the same tier level, the tie goes to the earlier application.

But it does also seem you were misinformed when you were told to reapply [in the case of switching cabins on the same voyage.] The Customer Service team will have this clarified.

Tromvest, I'd suggest you write to LCVambassador@leclubvoyage.com to request she revert your application date back to the original date.

Thank you. I just sent them an email.

Can someone post a link to the $398 upgrade application? I've lost it and can't find it on their website. Thanks! :)

Here's the webpage:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

FYI, our search function box at the top right corner of our website works great when you can't find something.

Here's the webpage:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

FYI, our search function box at the top right corner of our website works great when you can't find something.

I was going to try that but didn't even know the correct name of it to put in the search. Thanks so much for the link and now I know what it's called too! :)

I'm wondering how the current Double Upgrade promotion will affect the regular upgrade possibility I signed up for when purchasing my 8/30/18 Baltic cruise. Rebooking isn't wise as the cruise fare would be $2,000 more than what I currently am paying.

Anyone else in this position?

I'm wondering how the current Double Upgrade promotion will affect the regular upgrade possibility I signed up for when purchasing my 8/30/18 Baltic cruise. Rebooking isn't wise as the cruise fare would be $2,000 more than what I currently am paying.

Anyone else in this position?

Azamara has several promotions they run from time to time. Depending on what level of cabin you book, whether you do lots of ship's excursions, and whether you are a single -- different ones will work better for you. For us, BOGOHO+ is the best. Double upgrade not so much. Small discount with lots of OBC the worst of all. But others rank them in very different order.

Hi a question for Bonnie,

We are sailing on the journey very soon and would like to book a cruise on board.

I have called Az and the call centre didn't know what the benefits would be,apart from a % discount depending on level.

We are debating between an Az cruise and a X cruise next August can you find out what the on board booking benefits are please as my TA also has very good deals at the moment. We are D+ and E+ on X.

We would be looking to book a suite.

Hope you can help.

Hi a question for Bonnie,

We are sailing on the journey very soon and would like to book a cruise on board.

I have called Az and the call centre didn't know what the benefits would be,apart from a % discount depending on level.

We are debating between an Az cruise and a X cruise next August can you find out what the on board booking benefits are please as my TA also has very good deals at the moment. We are D+ and E+ on X.

We would be looking to book a suite.

Hope you can help.

As Discoverer Plus it's a 7% discount on the cruise price and a $200 OBC booking onboard for a specific cruise (Reserved Passage) together with a 50% reduced deposit of £125pp. If you haven't got a specific cruise in mind you can purchase a certificate for future use that entitles you to the discount, but no OBC, same deposit rules (Open Passage). Details here under "Azamara Passages":

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

Phil

Thank you excitedofharpenden for answering this while I was asleep :D

I really do appreciate all our *loyal and knowledgeable Azamara cruisers* on this forum who can answer usually quicker, and better than I!

*Note: as I type this I'm wondering if anyone has coined a term for this, i.e., Azamarians? Azamites?

Thank you excitedofharpenden for answering this while I was asleep :D

I really do appreciate all our *loyal and knowledgeable Azamara cruisers* on this forum who can answer usually quicker, and better than I!

*Note: as I type this I'm wondering if anyone has coined a term for this, i.e., Azamarians? Azamites?

Azamaristas?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Azamara has several promotions they run from time to time. Depending on what level of cabin you book, whether you do lots of ship's excursions, and whether you are a single -- different ones will work better for you. For us, BOGOHO+ is the best. Double upgrade not so much. Small discount with lots of OBC the worst of all. But others rank them in very different order.

I must admit I don't know what BOGOHO+ means. I'm new to Azamara. Have been a Celebrity cruiser for many years.

My offer was to get "three days free". Also signed up to purchase an upgrade if available in the future. Seems like a good promotion for me.

Thanks for your reply

I must admit I don't know what BOGOHO+ means. I'm new to Azamara. Have been a Celebrity cruiser for many years.

My offer was to get "three days free". Also signed up to purchase an upgrade if available in the future. Seems like a good promotion for me.

Thanks for your reply

BuyOneGetOneHalfOff Plus something else* This works out to a 25% discount at double occupancy, but apparently isn't available for single cruisers. *One time the plus was $300 OBC, another it was free Internet. This works for any cabin category (e.g. the double upgrade doesn't take you from a veranda to a Club Continent suite, but this gave us the discount on the CC rate).

The 'three days free' offer worked better for us on the Jan. 15 Costa Rica cruise [3 days off 10 days = 30%], but it would be less valuable on other durations. I'll always take the lower price :D but I like the transparency of the BOGOHO+ offer since you always know exactly what it is worth.

As Discoverer Plus it's a 7% discount on the cruise price and a $200 OBC booking onboard for a specific cruise (Reserved Passage) together with a 50% reduced deposit of £125pp. If you haven't got a specific cruise in mind you can purchase a certificate for future use that entitles you to the discount, but no OBC, same deposit rules (Open Passage). Details here under "Azamara Passages":

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

Phil

Thank you however I was wondering what the on board benefits are if you were to book a celebrity cruise whilst on board Az I will just have to wait till October

Cheers