Silver Explorer

swindy

Can't help you with March weather, but we'll be there next month, also on Silver Explorer! It may be similar in terms of season (Spring for us, Autumn for you) so I'll try to remember to come back in November and update you.

Just looked at your cruise, Valparaiso to Lima? We're going the opposite way, and starting in Guayaquil, so Lima is a port of call partway through our cruise before we disembark in Valparaiso. I think we make most of the same stops that you will.

One other thought - if you are going to Machu Picchu post-cruise, the weather there will likely be colder at night than it will be in the coastal regions.

We were in Chile in January one year. We went to Patagonia which was downright chilly, Santiago was more temperate, but no need for shorts, etc. we mostly wore jeans, needed a jacket in the evening. Have been to Peru 3 times. Have never felt hot there, so again jeans, light jacket for evening.

If you are going to Machu Picchu it will be cold and wet.We were there in late feb,early march this year.It is also the rainy season.

Santiago and Lima were a little cold but not terrible.Lima was mostly dry as in Peru the rain does not stay on the plains but rather in the mountains.

I would definitely recommend a few days in the Sacred valley.

I do Trip reports and here should be the start of the Sacred valley part-

https://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/threads/from-cape-to-cape-expeditions-by-land-and-sea.81113/page-3

Thanks so much for sharing your MP trip report--simply fabulous snaps--best I've seen of MP. We look forward to spending a couple of days in Cusco/MP in January and hiking the HP--your pix whetted our appetite, thanks drron & ann.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk